All Topics / General Property / Henley Properties and Hotondo Homes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with Henley and Hotondo?  My partner and I are planning to buy a PPOR and we like some of their floorplans.  I would like to hear any comments from those who has had their houses built by them or has any particular builder to recommend.  I'm from Vic.  Thanks.

– corinne –

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

I have a PPOR in VIC built by Henly about 4-5 yrs ago .. never had a problem and everything is still fine …

but here's some advice though, it is the foreman that Henly assigns to your project which is the key ..

he's the guy who manages all the subcontractors and the person who you talk to about anything to do with construction …

the 1st foreman i got was terrible and to cut a long story short, i insisted on a change and thankfully, i got a great replacement foreman and everything was a breeze from then on … :D

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Hotondo is a franchise system where you will get the builder in your area who will build you a Hotondo home.  I gather they are a higher class of property than the average McMansion built by a project builder with a number of crews.

We are seeing our local Hotondo guy tonight to talk about designs.

Cheers,

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

Hello Turtie22,

Where abouts in Melbourne are you looking at building????

Cheers

Luke

Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's our first time buying a property so we wish to know as much info as possible before signing any contracts.

Simon, for Hotondo Homes can we select the builders that we want our house built with or do they simply allocate a builder to us?  We like one of the Hotondo designs and would also like to make a little modification to add a small patio to the Master Suite.

Luke, we are planning to build in the south western part of Melbourne as that's where we can afford now.

-corinne-

@locco

Hello Corinne,

Just to help you guys out a little, contact a company by the name of betta build.

Karen and Phil Lloyd
    Contact numbers.

03 9333 8911 – 0412 868 403

They will look after you.
    Good luck and I wish you all the best!!!!

Cheers
    Luke
    P.S. Let me know how you go with Betta Build???

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    turtie22 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's our first time buying a property so we wish to know as much info as possible before signing any contracts.

Simon, for Hotondo Homes can we select the builders that we want our house built with or do they simply allocate a builder to us? We like one of the Hotondo designs and would also like to make a little modification to add a small patio to the Master Suite.

Luke, we are planning to build in the south western part of Melbourne as that's where we can afford now.

-corinne-

We just spent the last two hours going over a plan with our local Hotondo builder.  He will be building for us.

If you go to the Hotondo website and put your postcode in then it will show you all the Hotondo builders that build in your area – you can call whichever one you want.

We took in a plan we had picked up at a display house interstate a while back and make some major changes to it.  he will draw it up for us then we will meet again to rego over it and make more changes.

Of all the builders we have interviewed for this project he is the one we like the most.

All the best

Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22

Simon, thanks for for sharing the info.

Luke, is Betta Build a Hontondo franchisee?  I will get in touch with Betta Build when we are ready to build the house.  We'll will going to see the Hontondo display home this weekend and also need to sort out some matters in the coming months before we can go ahead.  We really like the design we saw at the Hotondo website and hope the quote will be within our budget.

-corinne-

@locco

Yes they are a Hotondo franchise.

Best thing to do is write up a list of what you want in your house and what you NEED. then make sure when sitting down to talk that all of these items are listed in writing and a price put next to them.
    If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Luke

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.