All Topics / General Property / Singleton (NSW)

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of MCGJMCGJ
    @mcgj

Hi there,

Just wondering if you have an opinion about investing in Singleton in NSW.

Any prospects of growth?

Things to be aware of when investing in that city?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Profile photo of arandompersonarandomperson
    Participant
    @arandomperson
    Profile photo of mum2fivemum2five
    @mum2five

Singleton used to be reasonably priced, not any more due to mines and being a mining town. Rents are very high though for same reason. That being said I personally would expect Singleton to crash soon, not only because of the recent flood, but because mines are opening up more out near Narrabri and there was a heap of mine job losses recently. I have heard alot of the miners from Singleton will likely head to Narrabri for the new mine opening there late next year.
    I really don't think it has much more growth left in it though. On the other hand, nearby branxton where I live is starting to take off as it is closer to Maitland and within reasonable travelling distance to Newcastle as well as being close to the mines.
    Hopefully someone else can help you out more, my experience is just based on being a renting resident of Singleton for 10 years.

Profile photo of estherseuestherseu
    @estherseu

Out off the levees.
    Muswellbrook also has new mines opening op soon so with moving off miners to other places? The housing will be used to base other miners. Make sure u have a look soon wyle still some off the flood visible

@mum2five

Yes, look at Singleton Heights or The retreat or hunterview (all in Singleton)

Profile photo of MCGJMCGJ
    @mcgj

Thanks for your comments! I'll investigate further…

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

mum2five have you heard anything about a possible new subdivision out near the camp road at greta?

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

@mum2five

Don, there are subdivisons going on all over the place in this area right now, even in rothbury I think which was a blink and you'll miss it area! Happy to see if I can find out though if Greta is subdividing around that area, my real estate is really nice and if they know they will tell me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.