All Topics / Help Needed! / Does anyone know the name of the real estate company offering a fix price to sell properties.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

I saw somewhere on this site information regarding a real estate agent who charges a set fee to sell properties.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

All agencies will try to charge you a percentage of the sale price usually.
    This is not a law, and you can set the terms of the Sale authority as whatever you like.
    Agents won't tell you this of course, and they will always try to get you to sign the "standard contract", and pay them a percentage.
    If you want to pay them a flat fee for selling the house, just ask them if they are willing to do it this way before the contract is signed, and if they say yes then write the amount on the contract and cross out the sections where the percentage of sale would go.
    $5k is a good number; they probably won't be interested for less than that.
    Also, don't forget to tell them that they can pay any advertising costs out of that.

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello C2

Are Changing places real estate the people you are looking for?

http://www.changingplaces.com.au/

Hope this helps
    Elka

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I just saw the website for changing places. Why do real estate agents always wear red ties in their advertising guff??

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi All,

Thats the company I was looking for.

Thanks.

C2

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Laws vary from state to state!  As such some of the below may not be accurate in your state.

"This is not a law, and you can set the terms of the Sale authority as whatever you like." 

"and if they say yes then write the amount on the contract and cross out the sections where the percentage of sale would go"

$5,000 and pay for advertising.  Guess some Sellers get what they pay for? 

Setting a flat fee.  Does that really give the agent an incentive to get you the highest price based on a  comparison with % professional fee?

As always make sure you do your own investigations. 

One thing is for sure you can contact the REI based in your state for accurate consumer advice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.