All Topics / Help Needed! / Can you narrow the search for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

The wife and i were just chilling out thinking about were we would like to retire in 30 years.Things we agreed on were.
    Close to water or beach.
    Warmer area and barra fishing for me.
    Laid back lifestyle but with enough happening to fill the days.
    These things got me thinking there must be some very underdeveloped and remote areas on the queensland coast that would be cheapish to buy now but in 20 plus years will become trendy with cafes and services etc.So if we could afford a beach shack now in these area we could move there in retirment .Sell some of our other IP,s (hopefully owning many) and build our dream house to retire too.
    So any ideas of places that are affordable now but potential in a few decades.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Is that Barramundi or Barracuda?
    I don't think you could really go wrong within an hour – hour and a half from any main living area right now. Eventually the sprawl will catch up to those areas to a degree and send the prices up.Trouble is, it won't be a quiet little hideaway then.
    It seems the whole world is moving to QLD; a bit like L.A.
    How about spending the next 2 week holiday touring up the coast to find the next undiscovered spot? Get in on the ground floor.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

Barramundi mate. As far as development in the future.We dont really want to retire to a sleepy village. We just want to buy into one at this stage and then by retirement it has developed a bit and has shopes ,cafes,Some attractions, I guess like noosa would have been ten years ago or even now for that matter.Anywhere up to cairns would be good. There must be some untapped coastal areas between say noosa and cairns.

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Noosaville maybe? 

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    devo76 wrote:
    Barramundi mate. As far as development in the future.We dont really want to retire to a sleepy village. We just want to buy into one at this stage and then by retirement it has developed a bit and has shopes ,cafes,Some attractions, I guess like noosa would have been ten years ago or even now for that matter.Anywhere up to cairns would be good. There must be some untapped coastal areas between say noosa and cairns.

I think you missed my point there Devo;
    I was talking about going out to find the sleepy hollow now; within striking distance of the main towns, that will become the future attraction and future cap growth property for you.
    I reckon it would be good to take a couple of weeks or so to travel up and down the coast to seek out that place and have a nice holiday in the process.

Profile photo of pendopendo
    @pendo

Hi Devo

I suggest Bundaberg. Close to the coast, plenty of cheap land, thriving local economy, about to get an extended runway to take the big jets. Bundy is a wonderful mix of back packer tourists, and old fashioned friendly locals. The Burnett River area is very undeveloped. The Bargara, Coral Cove area is about to get a new satellite city, and 600 new dwellings, shopping pecincts etc etc. Oh!…almost forgot….the barra fishing is great. And the temperature is consistent year round. Mind you I am biased, I have 3 properties up there……and I live that dream part time now.

Have fun fishing!!!

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

Sorry that is what i was meaning aswell.I guess im after some ideas as its a bloody big coastline to check out .Thinking of flying to noosa to see the olds,Stealing there car for a week or two and driving up.

Profile photo of GlascoGlasco
    @glasco

G'day Devo,

I'm not going to be any help to you unfortunately as I'm from Perth. I have however been contemplatling the same questions you posed – Would be very interested if you could post or PM me with what you find on your travels.

All the best.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.