All Topics / Heads Up! / Park Trent Properties also trading as Cross Country Realty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of WALHalfback
    Participant
    @halfback

Has anyone done business with this company-keen to know if their prices stack up?

Profile photo of NighthawkBNENighthawkBNE
    @nighthawkbne

Halfback,

As Steve would say, be wary of buying solutions.  You are paying for it even if you can't see it.

If new product is what you're after buy the land and engage a builder rather than buying a package.

My thoughts

Jason

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Do a google search

Profile photo of dparkesdparkes
    @dparkes

Hi Half back

If you look on this same forum but under ParkTrent it will give you some idea

Cheers

Profile photo of bassa46bassa46
    Participant
    @bassa46

Hi
    My friend had dealings with this company in Sydney, all I can say is 
    BE AFRAID VERY AFRAID.
    He lost very much money
    Regards,
    Barry

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass

Search the web on ASIC for Parktrent Property Group, Cross Country Realty, Ron Cross and then as Bassa46 states Be Afraid Very Afraid!

Profile photo of campbell10campbell10
    Participant
    @campbell10

I have had dealings with Part Trent and Esay Plan Finance and consider them to be Misleading if not out right deceptive in their advise and packageing of their "investements".

Keep away for your own Good.

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Wouldn't go near them they are very shady

Profile photo of wlchoo88wlchoo88
    @wlchoo88

Bought an apartment with them that didn't take off after 2 years. Good thing got money back. Just be wary. 

Profile photo of suez8suez8
    @suez8

I did back in 2006 – biggest mistake I have made!!!

I already own an Investment Unit in which I almost lost <moderator: delete personal comment> Not so much Park Trent, but Cross Country Reality Prahran. I agreed to view an off the plan delvelopment in which I was shown the site – good location. I was asked to signed a contract to authorise Park Trent to verify whether I can afford this investment and paid $1000 for the service. I asked whether this was all subject to finance as I used my equity in my IProp, but I was only working part time as I was also pregnant.

The team at Cross Country assured me that this was part of the process. I received the contract in which I read through and felt I could not afford this IP and had reservations and I could not see my finances would stack up, so I asked to withdraw my application and hoped that I may get a refund for part of that $1000? (although I knew this was along shot). I received no repsonse. I had not signed the contract to secure this investment.

A couple months later, the lawyer representing Cross Country called me to ask why I have not signed the contract in which I stated that I was not going to go through with the deal. I stated that I had requested to withdraw earlier. This lawyer than made threats that I would be liable for the entire investment and I would be sued if necessary!

I was very upset, so I rang the rep from Cross Country and tried to explain I did not want to proceed with this deal. This rep assured me that I should sign as it is too late for them to try and sell this development, and the vendors would not be happy. She sweet alked me into signing the contract even though I was threated by their lawyers. I was 5 months pregnant – in which they knew, but they just wanted the sale no matter what! I did not make make good judgement that I was treated in an unprofessional manner.

$60,000 was withdrawn from the equity of my IProp to pay the deposit and fees for this off the plan development. My finances were stil not approved after the so-called settlement date. I kept ringing the Cross Country Rep but she seldom took my calls. She was very unprofessional as she stated that 'they' were trying to 'fudge' my numbers (her exact words!) to get the loan approved. (they were using their own brokers) The loan never got approval.

I refused to settle and unfortunately lost the $60,000 and had to refinance my current IP (which thankfully I managed to hold onto today, despite being a single mum and had no financial assistance). I made a complaint to the obudsman about this damned company as I felt I was coerced just for the sake of a sale. They did not care that I was under financial stress – I considered bankruptcy when I tried to re-finance the $60,000. All while I had an infant to support.

I was given the CEO's contact details (Cross Country reality) and all they did was cover their asses. They said they were sorry for my situation but I did sign the bloody contract. I said I was conerced by this particular rep but did not want to hear anything of it.

I went to a couple of lawyers to review my case, but their contract was very tight. They all advised that they could easily win in court as they had the money and the power. It has been 6 years but I will never forget <moderator: delete personal comment>. I have beed advised also that there were a few other clients not happy with their dealings with this mob. I am surprised that this is the only bad review posted (they probably had their IT scrub any other complaints – but I will keep posting this for a very long time!!!)

<moderator: delete personal comment>
    They know who I am and I will not go away!

Profile photo of Goran1981Goran1981
    @goran1981

Prices are inflated.

Builders poor quality.

very poor capital growth in the locations they sell.

they offer poor market research and pushy sales and marketing techniques.

bought a house and will not buy again.

investor

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

In any of these deals the commission can be as high as 8%. Now developers only pay that commission if they cannot sell the product. Often the commissions are also added to the price of the property

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of newtoipnewtoip
    @newtoip

I am very sorry suez8 for your situation and feel very bad on how you were treated. When I went through your posts, I felt like I'm reading my own story. The very unfortunate thing is, this is still happening today and I think I am also one of the ParkTrent's victim, very much like you.

@newtoip

Sad but true stories.

@newtoip

Ditto and 100% true.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.