All Topics / Help Needed! / Expenses/Income details in AGM Minutes for a Body Corporate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of pldvandopldvando
    @pldvando

Morning fellow investors,

I'm still confused about some Body Corporate (BC) matters and what information we're entitled to see as a member of the BC.

We were recently sent the Minutes of our BC AGM (my hubby attended in person) and they were pretty basic.  The information provided about the finances of the BC were as follows:

ADMINISTRATION FUND BUDGET                                                                                  Ordinary Resolution

That the Administration Fund Budget of $8370.00 be approved for the financial year ending 30 November 2007 and be levied by four (4) installments.
    And further that the Administrative Fund levy installment for the first quarter of the next financial year (01.12.07 – 29.02.08) be struck at $160.00 per unit of lot entitlement.

SINKING FUND BUDGET                                                                                       Ordinary Resolution 
    That the Sinking Fund Budget of $5980.00 be approved for the financial year ending 30 November 2007 and be levied by four (4) installmentsAnd further that the Sinking Fund levy installment for the first quarter of the next financial year (01.12.07 – 29.02.08) be struck at $120.00 per unit of lot entitlement.

CONFIRMATION OF INSURANCE                                                                        Ordinary Resolution
    That the insurance details set out below be confirmed: Policy No:                                860986Underwriter:                            CHU Underwriting AgenciesCurrent to:                               9 June 2007 Building:                                  $2,565,000Public Liability:                        $10,000,000Loss of Rent/Income:             $384,750Office Bearers Liability:           $500,000Voluntary Workers:                 $100,000/$1000Fidelity Guarantee:                  $40,000 

Excess:                                   $100

My question to the Body Corporate Manager was why a summary of all expenses/revenue for both the Administrative Fund and Sinking Fund weren't included as an appendix to the AGM Minutes as I have no idea what this money was spent on, what was rolled over, how much the insurance was, how much the ground keeping was, common electricity etc.

His emailed reply was, "No Body Corporate manager sends out the Statements of Income and Expenditure for the annual general meeting.  What is normal is that he brings them to the meeting and if owners have any questions he can answer them".

Does this sound right?  Am I the only one who finds this information both interesting and relevant to my investment?  Can I request this information be included in future?

Noni

Profile photo of hookstarhookstar
    @hookstar

Hello Noni
        I own a unit in a strata complex, i know i recieve an  annual profit and loss statements so i know exactly where every cent has been spent. I also recieve a forecast on the year ahead outlining how much money they think will be needed.
           hope this helps

Profile photo of pldvandopldvando
    @pldvando

Thanks k hook ,  That makes perfect sense to me and this is the exact information I'm after.  Anyone else get the annual profit and loss statement in their BC AGM Minutes?  Are there any BC Managers or companies out there that can advise?

Cheers

Noni

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.