All Topics / Value Adding / Polishing floorboards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of pman1971pman1971
    @pman1971

Hi all,

I am about to rip up the carpet in my new purchase and polish the floorboards. I have been quoted $20 per square metre.

Does anyone else have a tradie that has a comparable price? I am from the south of Sydney.

Thanks PK

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello PK

Seems cheap to me. I was recently quoted $40/sqm to repolish floors or $120/sqm if it's a concrete slab and needs a floating floor. The quote was in Melbourne.

Hope this helps
    Elka

Profile photo of Jase and FlicJase and Flic
    Participant
    @jase-and-flic

I am in Melb too, but $20/m seems very good. I have had some quotes of $23-$25.

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs
    elkam wrote:
    Hello PK

Seems cheap to me. I was recently quoted $40/sqm to repolish floors or $120/sqm if it's a concrete slab and needs a floating floor. The quote was in Melbourne.

Hope this helps
    Elka

You can get floor boards supplied and installed from Harvey Normans for around $89 a square meter-plus you get 3 years interest free-was by far the cheapest I could find of all the flooring companies I went to

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

bunnings and Ikea sells floating floors for $20/m

I got my labourer to sand my boards with a 1/3 sheet orbital. took 2 days. bought a 20 litre drum of polyurethane for $100. total cost $250 or $5/m. thanks for comin

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

It all depends on the end result you are trying to a get…

Average cost is between $20-40m2, those prices are in Melbourne.

Cheers

Profile photo of KramulousKramulous
    @kramulous

I just got the floor here polished about 4 weeks ago.  I paid $25 per square metre.  There was a horrible glue that needed major sanding to remove.  All sanded, and three coats of a low gloss mono for $1700.

Also, factor in the cost of staying in a hotel or elsewhere.  You cannot stay in the place for about 3 days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.