All Topics / Help Needed! / What are the approximate total costs when purchasing a property?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of spudstaspudsta
    @spudsta

Hi All,
    I have never bought a property let alone an investment property so i have no idea what costs are involved.
    Could somebody list what you have to pay for and an approximate cost (I realise it is hard but an approximate would be good)

Is it a certain percentage of the cost of the property, say 10-15% is what you need upfront for stamp duty, legal costs, etc?

While on this topic, when renting out a property, what does the landlord have to pay for? i.e. Rates, Water bills, etc?

Thanks guys

Profile photo of GlascoGlasco
    @glasco

Hi Spudsta,

I was in the same position not so long ago and asked the same question on this forum. I received some usefull feedback that can be found at:

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/help-needed/427468?

Hope it helps you also.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Speak to your bank and/or broker….they will give you a rough estimate in approx. 20seconds…

In general, I would say 5-7% of property for fees…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.