All Topics / General Property / where to find out land value

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of jodiethompsonjodiethompson
    @jodiethompson

I am trying to evaluate a property a friend is trying to sell me without going through agents. The house is a knock down job, so I am trying to work out a fair price.
    Where is the best place to find out what the land is worth? Should I get a professional valuation, or is there some easy way to look this up?

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Valuation is going to be the best and most reliable measure.

Try searching in the area for vacant land already on the market.

Try adding back the value of new house and land packages in the area

There is no easy way to determine the land value exceptt for looking at the market as valuers do base their figures on recent sales
    Obviously many local authorities calculate rates off valution which is not  a refelction of the market value of a property.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Ring up every agent in the area and ask them what vacant land they have for sale.
    Go look at every block, then you can assess the value pretty accurately yourself,
    OR, pay a valuer to value it officially.

Profile photo of hookstarhookstar
    @hookstar

hello jodie

try ringing 2 or 3 real estate agents ask them for a market appraisal all agents should provide this free, this will give you a bit of an idea, ask them what they think the sale price will be (not the commencement price) this will give you a fair idea, but remember an agent may push the price up in order to "buy the listing"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.