All Topics / General Property / Action taken 1 week after Steve’s seminar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Jase and FlicJase and Flic
    Participant
    @jase-and-flic

My wife (Felicity) and I (Jason) attended Steve's "How to find…..in 28 days" seminar in Melbourne last Sunday 20th May.
    I thought I would post our progress so far so that others can give feedback and also share your own progress.
    Some background:
    Before the seminar we had identified an area and a strategy of buy- add value- sell, and had started talking to agents and looking at houses. So we were able to “hit the ground running”. I had also arranged to have Monday off work so I could start taking action immediately and not lose any momentum.

Here is a summary of our progress from 21-26th May:

-Called mortgage broker to discuss financing-called accountant about structuring-physically inspect 5 houses – 2 reno’s, 1 small development, 2 for research-drive by/ walk around 3 other properties-attend 1 auction for research-crunch numbers on 2 reno’s and 1 development

-walk in to 2 agencies to introduce myself

-made offer on 1 reno deal

-started working through “Renovation Toolbox” (purchased at seminar)

-began research on 2 more suburbs-still trying to make the numbers work on the development.  Here is a summary of the budgeted numbers on the reno deal: Address:Portland st, Mulgrave, 3bed, 2 bath, carport, total cosmetic makeover needed, vacant house, early access to do reno, very popular street/area.Purchase Price: $330,000Reno Costs:      $20,000Other costs:      $18,000Sale costs:        $10,000Sale Price:        $400,000Project length:   4 months 

Cash Down

$       62,860
    Cash Back $       13,640
    Interest $         8,360
    Interest Rate8.00%
    Risk Free $         1,048

NPP21.70%
    Required24.00%

2 × Interest $       16,720
    Cash Back $       13,640

DMM            13.02
    Required            12.00

Feel free to tell us what you reckon. I would love to hear if anyone else was there on sunday and how you are going.
    P.S. Yes, we were the ones with the baby.

Profile photo of Jase and FlicJase and Flic
    Participant
    @jase-and-flic

Oops. let me try those reno numbers again. Clearly this time

Address:Portland st, Mulgrave, 3bed, 2 bath, carport, total cosmetic makeover needed, vacant house, early access to do reno, very popular street/area
    Purchase Price: $330,000
    Reno Costs:      $20,000
    Other costs:      $18,000
    Sale costs:        $10,000
    Sale Price:        $400,000
    Project length:   4 months 

Cash down   $62860
    Cash back   $13640

Net Profit Percentage   21.7%

Participant
    @jase-and-flic

Also, we found out today (Monday 28th) that the vendor wants $340k or more, and our offer of $330k is as high as we could go. So on to the next deal!
    Also today I:
    – booked mortgage broker to come tomorrow night for a refinance and a pre-approval on investment loan
    -called the council to find out what is still required on a house with planning permit for unit at back that I looked at.
    – called a REA to ask what happened after an auction we went to that was passed in
    -inspected another house in the target area and chatted to the agent about prices for a good half hour. She told me of a vacant block she has for sale, possible for 2 dwellings, so there is another deal for me to do some numbers on.
    -photocopied plans of the above mentioned "unit at back" to take to some builders for estimates
    -did some forum posts!!!!
    And just for fun I worked 9 hours to pay the bills, got kids breaky, helped feed, water, and bed the kids at night, and fixed a dodgy lightbulb. (Just in case you wanted to know that)

Profile photo of chumpchump
    Participant
    @chump

Jason and Felicity,

Well done. You guys sound like you are making excellent progress.  Just keep crunching the numbers and staying active, setting goals and I am sure you will make fantastic property investor

Best Wishes
    Chris

Participant
    @jase-and-flic

We just bought a house,(Yay!) so to continue the story I am going to start a new post in Adding Value section.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.