All Topics / Help Needed! / First taste of property manager

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

Well i signed contracts on a property some time ago with a three month settlement time.The house was then picked up for rent two months before settlement. Grreat i thought with settlement on a fri and the tennant to move in on the following mon with house being empty for two days. Come tuesday i drive past and noticed its still empty.Then on wensday the property manager rings to say he will not move in till the end of the following week. Thats cool i say as long as he is paying from the monday like thay told me.  Sorry sir they say. He hasnt signed a rental agreement yet and isnt bound to pay from that day. WTF. How can they hold a house for someone for two months,pull the advertising without him signing a rental agreement. Does this sound right to you. Im dirty. If this guy decides to pull out the house must be re advertised and possibly be empty for some time yet. Am i wrong to be angry.The first day and they stuffed it up.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Please dont brand all property managers under the same category! What they did was negligence it is not a normal practice to hold a house for 2 months without a written lease in place.

We recently had some tenants look through a property in May and want to move in end of June. We negotiated that the lease should begin mid June so that expenses are split between tenant and landlrod for the month. We also had them sign a lease agreement in May (the day after looking at the property) as well as pay 6 weeks bond and 2 weeks rent. Then we took the property off the market. THAT is a normal procedure! :)

Profile photo of BDMBDM
    Participant
    @bdm

Hi Devo76,

I'd be cheesed too !

Perhaps it was an oversite on behalf of your current PM, or perhaps the alrm bells should be ringing, as Xenia has eluded to above.

I would very strongly but politely ask the PM what they are going to do about it.  If the property is being "held" for them, why haven't they signed a lease yet ?  When will this tenant sign a lease ?  When will they pay their bond ?  If they want to move in, fine, but they start paying now as you were under the impression was happening.  Please Mr/Mrs PM – put the advertising back in place asap and immediately (at their cost, not yours) until a lease is signed !!!

It might also be worth reading your contract details with your PM to see what the implications of no longer requiring their services are. 

Good luck :-)

Thanks,

BDM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.