All Topics / Help Needed! / “THE INVESTORS CLUB” ANYONE HEARD OF THEM OR KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Profile photo of Henry JonesHenry Jones
    @henry-jones

You're most welcome Dan!

I can't seem to go back and edit that bit about the ATO.

The explaination was for Qlds007 since one of his earlier statements seemed to imply Kevin has changed his name a few times.  Or did I misread that?

And to make your day even brighter, Brad Pitt's name is actually William Pitt.  Brad is his middle name, but it seems Brad Pitt is more marketable than Will Pitt.

Interesting sense of humour you have there

Profile photo of PropertyProfPropertyProf
    @propertyprof

Hi Folks,

I am considering a property through the Investors Club, and wanted to know.. are the prices they list negotiable? Has anyone tried putting in a lower price than the listed price in the Expression of Interest form (and successfully gone ahead with the purchase?)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

They are not negotiable prices as the Developer has his margin pre-set and TIC want their fat commission.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

You need to be aware that when they sell the property, their 1st annual return (i.e. through the depreciation etc) looks good.
    But capital growth and future return are based on 'projection'.

Profile photo of ChizChiz
    Participant
    @chiz

So TIC only offer brand new properties (mostly units – I think someone said)?

Participant
    @god_of_money

nope
    can be house and land as well
    mostly new development area

Profile photo of Property GuruProperty Guru
    @property-guru
    PropertyProf wrote:
    Hi Folks,

I am considering a property through the Investors Club, and wanted to know.. are the prices they list negotiable? Has anyone tried putting in a lower price than the listed price in the Expression of Interest form (and successfully gone ahead with the purchase?)

Hello

TIC has researchers that negotiate a set price for the property,all the bargining has been done for you. They would have tried to get extras for you at no extra cost. I have purchased 3 properties with TIC, now I would not have it any other way. They look after you pre, during and post purchase.  Far better than any real estate would do.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Natalie i certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty but i assure you having sold my own property developments thru TIC between 1996 and 2004 i assure that the bargaining is not done for you.

The Developer sets the minimum price that he / she wants and the "club" take it or leave it.

We had many sales privately in the same complex where TIC where selling our properties which we price discounted below TIC price if the buyer could settle quickly or didnt have a page of Special Conditions.

TIC buyers got what was left.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @god_of_money

Natalie,
    I don't think it is the bargain price if you are buying through the TIC
    BUT… you have to pay for their services which have been built into the price

I hate to say it but good for novice investor though

Participant
    @god_of_money

or wanna-be investor

Profile photo of WorkingOnItWorkingOnIt
    @workingonit

All I can say is, "Whatever floats your boat"

There are no winners or losers, just people who cross the finish line at different times.

The truth will eventually prevail.

Profile photo of The FoxThe Fox
    Participant
    @the-fox

For anyone considering doing business with TIC you may want to read and follow this story which has yet to be resolved. http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/residential/after-mediation-fails-investors-club-dispute-headed-for-court/2011122052917 You be the judge! I think this is appalling judging by the figures quoted! How could this happen? 

Profile photo of Rainbow RiverRainbow River
    @rainbow-river

To see more TIC experiences check out the following links:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/realestate/investing/joy-bouton-wants-kevin-youngs-the-investors-club-to-buy-back-dud-property/story-fni0cgp6-1226775345110

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/victims-reveal-rogue-swoops/1855222/#.UmcrxHFcbGU.email

I think this is appalling when The Investors Club motto is "we alone protect buyers" and they treat their club members like this!

Profile photo of The FoxThe Fox
    Participant
    @the-fox

And the complaints just keep rolling in. Kevin Young is obviously having problems with his spin doctoring now. Very few of his statements make a lot of sense and if you listen carefully to them, most of them are just plucked out of thin air. Never has Kevin Young been able to show one TIC member who has genuinely been able to retire using the Kevin Young retirement plan, yet he continues to spruik that no-one has made more millionaires than him. Really? I guess that comes down to what Kevin’s definition of a millionaire really is and I suspect it’s something quite different to the definition the average punter would expect.

This man has been seriously misleading members for far too long now. Perhaps his chickens have come home to roost finally! It’s time the Authorities went through TIC properly. Consumers have had enough of salesmen dressing themselves up as self proclaimed investment experts stuffing their pockets and failing to deliver what they promise.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s4065976.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-12/high-flying-investment-club-sued-by-couple-over-1m-in-loans/5665976

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Lets hope people or potential investors watch this and please seek a 2nd opinion and not sign blank forms!

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.