All Topics / Help Needed! / Building Contract

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Hi Guys,

I am to sign the Building Contract with one of the developers who would be building a home for me. I have had a look at the contract and it looks standard as per the standard Housing Indiustry Association of Australia. The later section of the contract contains the sitings and other inclusions that i have already reviewed and signed at the tender stage. My Problem is that i have the contracts appointment with the builder tomorow where i am to sign the contract, however i am not able to get in touch with my solicitor to whome i have sent the contract for review. Could you pls help me in advising if its a big risk if i sign the contract without my solicitor's review? Your help will be much appreciated.

Ta

Profile photo of Wade KuhlWade Kuhl
    @wade-kuhl

ring HIA or BSA for a chat

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Tell the developer you cannot sign the contract as the solicitor has not reviewed it, and you will need to reschedule a date.
    He will be miffed, but will no doubt get over it.
    Better him not happy than you.

Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Fantsatic!! Thanks for your help guys. I was in a delimna… as i wanted to hurry up things… you advise sounds the right thing to do.

Thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.