All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding the right properties

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of cjay11cjay11
    Participant
    @cjay11

Hi guys
    I am just getting into this game and as one of my steps, in searching for a property i google australian properties under $200,000 and then try and filter through suburbs and towns etc. But for the majority of it it just keeps coming up with pages upon pages of crap. is there a better way to do a broad research before i actually knuckle down into the nitty gritty research. All im looking for is how to get the initial areas, any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers Julius
    [email protected]

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

You could try doing a State by State broad search in your price-range on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au. Select all suburbs.
    Australian property Investor Magazine also lists various hot spots and places to watch, the Financial review, BRW sometimes has good info.
    There is also Terry Ryder's website; hotspotting.com.au.
    There is also info available through Residex and RPData, but this isn't free.

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello cjay,

Perhaps you are searching to wide, and need to narrow it down a lot more, I could imagine how many listings tou would get if u typed in <200 k on the search engines, this will surely do your head and be non productive to an extent. API magazine as mentioned earlier by L.A is a great resource, but remember by the time the print (issue) comes out, you are battling many others, so stay ahead of the field.

Re-cap, narrow your area of interest down, know your budget, know the area, use due diligence, know the market value, and this is where u make a lot of your money !!! by below makert value.

Cheers

Profile photo of cjay11cjay11
    Participant
    @cjay11

Hey Marc

Thanks again as always very helpful i hope L.A is still treating you guys well have fun and we'll hopefully talk soon.

Cheers
    Julius

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.