Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of 50mill50mill
    Participant
    @50mill

Hi team,
    Im currently stuck in london. Ive spent all my cash, travelled a little and ive now resorted to working as a dishwasher…  yay  im just scraping by.
    My problem is that im not sure what visa or legal permit to get which would legally allow me to invest in Real estate over here. Ive spoken to various people and legal firms too and no one is sure.
    im currently using a working holiday visa. It states that im not permitted to invest or engage in any business activities here, which is exactly what I am intending to do only I dont know the legalities of it all.

I would prefer to remain in the UK as opposed to returning down-under, as that would mean i'd have to start my life all over again.

what to do?! what to do?1 what to do?,  i'll be 32 at the end of the year too,, what to do,  what to do

any advice please…

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Hi Loanwolf,

Is it a 2 year working holiday visa you have?

I'm not sure if it is still the same as it was when I was over there in the early 90s. You used to be able to apply for an extension on your visa if you had had a substantial amount of time out of the UK. For example I worked as a tour guide in Europe for Top Deck Travel and had 15 months out of the country in 2 years.

I went to the home office in Croyden to apply for an extension and after checking my passport, they gave me an extra 15 months.

I'm not sure about Britain's foreign ownership laws, however I'm sure there are Aussies on this forum who own property over there.

Good luck.

Pete

Profile photo of domsiedomsie
    @domsie

Loanwolf

The only way that you'll be able to buy property is if you either a work permit from an employer or a HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Permit). 

Hope this helps
    Eric 

Profile photo of mtajimmtajim
    @mtajim

I dont think you can invest in UK with a working holiday Visa . Property In UK is hard to get for foreigner with working VISA.

Profile photo of ZaakZaak
    @zaak

Hi

It is very possible to purchase land in the UK. I work for a company that markets UK land worldwide and have been doing so for the past 2 Years.

Profile photo of RubanSelvaRubanSelva
    @rubanselva

Either way, financing is very difficult to obtain at the moment anywhere in the UK – largely due to the credit crunch.  Surveyors are tightening their belts and buy-to-let interest rates remain relatively high (making the deals hard to stack) despite a low Bank of England base rate.  I'm currently based in London so feel free to email me: [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.