All Topics / Help Needed! / 400K budget; But where in Brisbane?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Lindsay MLindsay M
    @lindsay-m

Dear everyone,

My partner and I reside in Perth and have decided to tap into our equity and purchase an IP. From the little research I've done so far, Brisbane appears to be a good prospect.

We have approx 400K available, but having never visited Brisbane it's difficult to identify which suburbs to focus on.

Help please!!! In which suburbs would our money be best spent with the aim to possibly achieve short term capital growth, but also achieve sustainable long term capital growth.

Looking forward to your advice.

Many thanks

Lindsay 

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Redcliffe peninsula.

aged population dying off & being replaced with young families. Beachside lifestyle & 20 mins to CBD. Prices very low compared to other cities northern beaches.

I happen to be selling mine soon which backs onto a canal development, so it will have water views in a few years. Would love to keep it as capital growth will be strong but Lo DOC finance forces me to sell for next development. $400k isnt quite enough but we can always chat……

The locals around here have no idea how good they have it. It was known as "deadcliffe" for many years because nothing ever got done. Now the Govt is on a wild spending spree & spending money advertising the place on TV, which is why its starting to take off. Email any agent around here, they will all tell you the next 5 years will be very strong. Its the next Mooloolaba….

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Might need a hotted up corvette to do it in 20 minutes, would be interested in knowing more about the property if you could email me the details

Profile photo of Lindsay MLindsay M
    @lindsay-m

Thanks for the info Crashy,

I would also be interested in knowing more about the property if you could also email me the details..

Regards

Lindsay
    [email protected]

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

When crashy says 'redcliffe'  he means as close to the water as possible. Not kippa-ring, not rothwell,. Id be looking at  redcliffe , scarborough, maybe margate but walking distance to water.  REdcliffe worries me a tad. THey keep building highrise and I don't believe it has hte infrastructure to support it.  I grew up there and am often over there.My dad complains of lack of water pressure and he isnt in an old house with old copper pipes.  Yes there is a new bridge to be built, currently there is a breakdown on the Houghton bridge at least once a week holding up traffic.  As for rail, they have been saying that for over a hundred years now and I simply dont believe it will happen.  I am willing to make a wager if anyone cares to wait 40 yrs.

I really prefer  sandgate, shorncliffe (again if walking distance to water). Unspoilt by highrise,its a nice place to bring up kids, It's closer to city and  the freeway to north and sth coasts,has  railway and has proven past high cap growth.

Otherwise see if  you can pick up a cheapie  close to the CBD.  Kedron,  chermside, .  If I were  you I'd be checking out  API mag  when they  do a residex report on suburb  growth. 
    goodluck

Profile photo of BelzgirlBelzgirl
    Participant
    @belzgirl

Hi there!

If your wanting to look down the Gold Coast way Coomera is going to be the next big place to boom – well its already on the rise now….

You would be able to pick up a nice 3-4 bedroom house there for $400k just… its going up so quickly so i'd hurry…

They are intending on building a massive shopping centre there – bigger than Pacific Fair which is a MASSIVE shopping centre in the G.C.  They are possibly putting in another uni there and they've got a tafe, good schools and all this stuff….  Coomera Waters is the place but Coomera aswell is beautiful.  There's a marina there and its near the theme parks and stuff  (by Dreamworld)….

I'd definatley buy there if i had the chance – Good luck!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.