All Topics / Heads Up! / New Residential Investment Website….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Hello Everyone…I have just started a new website, feel free to browse, add or just look around…

If you have the time, please provide feedback via the forum…

Here it is…

http://members.optushome.com.au/~andrewkiss88/index.htm

Have fun investing…

Andrew Kiss

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

It's very basic and targeted to mum/dad investors. I prefer to network with more sophisticated investors who know more than me not less! There are a few on this forum but I doubt the optushome website will attract them.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Thanx for the honest feedback…I agree, it is aimed at that particular market segment. I hope that, with time, the content becomes much richer, appealing to a broaded audience…

Hm…optus website does need to be rectified, where are those free domain names…..

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I know it takes a huge amount of effort and time to develop a website so well done for taking the plunge but I think ours is better!!

@handyandy888
    AmandaBS wrote:

I know it takes a huge amount of effort and time to develop a website so well done for taking the plunge but I think ours is better!!

NICE……Well done, similar to what I would like mine to end up like…maybe one day…

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Hi Great effort however I agree you need to get away from an optushome website I suggest you set up a redirect by signing up for a cjb account http://www.cjb.net yeah some will know its a freebie but most wont.  The idea is you set up something like investor.cjb.net and have it redirect to your other site. 

Of course a paid website is more professional, when I put mine up i went through http://www.smartyhost.com.au not sure if the .au is there cant remember.  I found them to be pretty cheap and if signed for two years at that time recieved a good discount.  They also will price match if you find somewhere cheaper. 

@handyandy888

Just updated, added a few sections….came up with my 5 tips for investing….tell us what you think..

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

From tip 4:

Quote:
    the greatest risk is not about where you purchase, or who rents it or any of that stuff, its the risk that your property will only show small returns. In essence, unless you make a very uninformed decision about your IP purchase, the WORST CASE SCENARIO is that whenever you sell, you will only make a small profit. What I am saying is that property investing, depending on your mind-set, can actually be "no risk".

Could you please elaborate on these two points? Thanks!

Oh, and please explain how one can use one's mindset for risk-mitigation?

F. [cowboy2]

Profile photo of rejoicerejoice
    @rejoice

Hey good on you! Did you design the website yourself?

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

Well done mate,
    Just remember "From little things big things grow"
    I look forward to watching the growth.

Luke

@handyandy888

Thank for the replies and encouragement…yeah I designed it myself…pretty basic though, will work on layout once I have enough content.

OK, what I meant by my first point is that if, through an informed decision, you buy an IP, the worst thing that can possibly happen is that you make a small profit when you sell, or have to sell. So the worst scenario is that the money you are putting towards an investment only makes a small profit. Does that explain it? Sorry, I guess you have to read into it a bit…maybe I need to clarify my view.

The "mindset" statement stems from the fact that there are many many "risks" to purchasing IP, but if you think through it, it is actually "no-risk"….it depends on you view…you know, cup half full, half empty….hope this explains it.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Quote:
    So the worst scenario is that the money you are putting towards an investment only makes a small profit. Does that explain it?

Not really… I'd have thought that a scenario where you make a small loss would be worse than that, and that a scenario where you make a large loss would be the worst scenario?

@handyandy888
    foundation wrote:
    Quote:
    So the worst scenario is that the money you are putting towards an investment only makes a small profit. Does that explain it?

Not really… I'd have thought that a scenario where you make a small loss would be worse than that, and that a scenario where you make a large loss would be the worst scenario?

Has this actually happened to any investors here? I think that in 99.5% of cases this would not happen..but I don't know…enlighten me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.