All Topics / Legal & Accounting / 2 good accountants!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Hi have been reading in other forums of two great accoutants Nick Moustacas at Strategic Wealth Management and Dale Gatherum-Goss.  Has anyone use either of these accountants? I am trying to toss up and see which one would be ideally suited to me for ongoing advice and help with setting up a HDT for property investing and shares etc.

thanks for any help!

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

I don't know who Nick is but I can certainly recomend Dale GG. Not only is Dale a guru in tax, he is innovative, can think outside the box, he has a more aggressive investing style than the traditional very conservative accountant and is one hell of a nice guy.

I know him personally, and we manage his properties here in Adelaide. I can honestly say he is living on a foundation of ethics and is more focused on doing the right thing by people (even his tenants) than making a quick dollar. I can wholehartedly recommend him as an accountant.

Profile photo of Queenslander07Queenslander07
    @queenslander07

hi all just wondering if these guys are in brisbane by any chance? anyone know of an ethical property savvy accountant in brisbane? I am just trying to set up a trust fund with 2 other partners and source an appropiate finance structure for a residential subdivision, any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

Profile photo of jefftheunitjefftheunit
    @jefftheunit

Okay not sure why you are setting up in a trust as you will have serious problems with the family trust elections and you cannot distribute to people other then family members if you have one, and if you dont have one you cannot claim any tax losses that the business makes.  My recommendation would be a partnership of trusts or just a basic partnership.  BDO Kendalls is a good accounting firm down there, but quite pricey

@queenslander07

Trying to set this deal up with my 2 brothers im all ears for a better/easier way cheers thanks for reccomendations

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Qlder why not try Steve Hodgkinson who is senior partner at the Gold Bus Group in Southport and has been my Accountant for 13 years.

Steve is an experts on property trust and has helped many many clients of mine from the forum here. Also acts for us on all of our subdivisions and development financing.

His contact number is 07 5532 2855.

Tell him i sent you as most good property Accountants are not taking on new clients (especially this time of year) and you may not get past the receiptionist

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@queenslander07

Thanks mate appreciate the reccomendation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.