All Topics / Help Needed! / SA HOtspot investing areas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of BoogsBoogs
    Participant
    @boogs

Hello

My Sister & I live in Perth WA and are looking at some cheaper investment property's would like to start with 1 and build up to 3, We did have 3 in Perth but have sold them as there was us & our partners and my sister spilt with her partner, I have put the money into our mortgage and now have a very low mortgage… However my sister does not have any property and has th cash in the bank….. We are both looking at investing again, as investment has been so very kind to both of us,, But Perth is just way to much… We are looking at Adelaide but dont even know where to start, We are planing on flying over to check out investment area and property and make a purchase.. but would like some help on hot spot and area's to stay away from

Please Help

THanks
    Boogs

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Why have you chosen Adelaide?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Come on Simon! Why would they NOT choose SA?

Boog, this may be helpful : http://www.creativerealestatesolutions.com.au/cgi-bin/page.cgi?id=112   

We also have Adelaide's top ten suburbs written by Peter Kouizos in our March newsletter, available on our website (below), email me if you can't find it [email protected]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am genuinely interested.

Profile photo of minglingmingling
    Participant
    @mingling

Hi,

May be Adelaide is the most affordable state especially for those who has experience in properties investment in WA and earn BIG capital gain. WA was like SA and now it very expensive to purchase like eastern state. Every investor would know the next target state to earn capital gain is SA.  Todate SA is undervalue……for  example Victor harbour  it is so  affordable, 200K can buy  property  and yet near the beach. I was looking at SA initially but decided to give it a miss and shifted  the attention to Vic instead and have since bought 3 IP.

Boogs, are you also trying to get some cheap property (compare to WA) before the wave come in ie before the boom ??

cheers !

Profile photo of GlascoGlasco
    @glasco

Hi Guys,

Like Simon I am interested why SA. I also live in  Perth and have just purchased my first IP. Perth didn't appeal to me with the high prices so instead of purchasing my PPOR which I would have loved, I opted for an IP over east. I was tossing up between SA and SEQ and although SA had lower comparative prices I felt that areas of SEQ had the potential for greater long term growth. Only time will tell if I made the right choice, but always keen to hear what others investors are thinking.

Cheers

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, especially to Simon. There was a suggestion that we're over supply when I joined this forum 18 months ago & I wrote quite vehemently that what I saw on the ground suggested that it was NOT true. A few people scorned the idea that our property was under valued.

Now with rental vacancies at 1% approx, (it has been like that for months & months), there is still no evidence that there are enough houses for everyone who wants to rent. Property prices have also appreciated about $50000 in the last 12 months.

I am offering new houses at 5% yield not including depreciation. I bought an old house on 1 May 2007 for $223000 and receive $220 per week rent (could have got $230 but we did not want to rent to single gentlemen. My manager says, "One single man no good, two single men, even worse") We have cleared out a block of land down the side with 2 street frontages to build a new house about 140m2 with a value of $300000.00

Simon, 18 months ago, I saw 4 other properties with the same potential. How many people said at that time they expected Adelaide property to go backwards?

Having said all that, I'd add that even I did not expect top end properties to do so well.

I'd also be wary of apartments, especially beachside ones that ask high prices with no rents to back them up. City apartments are still a good buy, I think. But then again, I don't buy apartments so my comment is not to be taken as advice.

I'd be happy to talk to interstate investors. I've nothing better to do than yarn about property investing. Just send me an e-mail or something.

Mingling, Victor Harbour is NOT Adelaide.

I hope my words don't come back to bite me.

Good luck everyone,
    Kum Yin

Profile photo of swiftosswiftos
    @swiftos

Hi Boogs

If you are interested in Adelaide, we are a buyers agency working from Adelaide. If you would like more information please email to [email protected] and I will send you some more information to assist you.
    Regards
    Simon Swift
    Swift Property Solutions 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.