All Topics / Creative Investing / Investment in Frankston South – any comment ??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of minglingmingling
    Participant
    @mingling

Dear All,

I just make an accepted offer of abt 400K for a investment property, std land abt 500+ sqm and house.

it is abt 600m from the beach and is the popular school zone.

greatly appreciate your comment and feedback whether this is too expensive for me to invest ?

thank you very much !

cheers !
    Ming

Profile photo of wriggleswriggles
    @wriggles

i was speaking to a couple of estate agents yesterday and each one of them said that after the freeway is finished it could add up to 30 – 40 % to prices in frankston.  I personally dont think you can go wrong in frankston / frankston south.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Well I was speaking to a drug dealer the other day and he told me that meth-amphetamine is good for your health!

But he would say that wouldn't he?

Profile photo of r1trackdayr1trackday
    @r1trackday

Ha foundation.  true true…….    Once again, don't go off what the real estate agents tell you…  (This is very bad practice).  Do your own research and make your own decisions.

i believe frankston isn't as bad as what people are saying but do your own research.
    Purchase for around 400k?  you must be recieving a decent rental return?

mark

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Hey F;
    was the drug dealer across the road from the train station in Frangers?
    (just kidding – I love Frangers and hope it goes thru the roof).

@wriggles

So you were speaking to my estate agent then foundsation?  Nice guy isnt he?

Still my opinion that you cant go wrong in funky town!

But like everyone says…do your own research.

@l.a-aussie

Hey wriggles;
    any more news about the proposed Marina?

@wriggles

Hey LA,
    Went on the Frankston council website the other day, and from what i was able to read was that it has been approved and that they have just delayed the start date.  Ill go back and have a read and try and put up a link.
    Another thing that is going ahead is the Frankston Bulky goods store which includes a super store of Freedom, Harvey Norman, etc. About 4 different builders put their tender in for it last thursday.
    So a start date for that maybe as early as this year or early next.

Are you from the peninsula Marc?

@l.a-aussie

Sounds like good news wriggles!
    Yeah;  I live (not at present ) in Dromana.
    Nice sleepy hollow but not for much longer. It, like Frangers, has been on the steady rise despite the trend.
    We have an I.P in Frangers since 2004. We took the plunge and were nervous as the boom was ending, but happy about it now.
    Are you down there too?

@wriggles

Yep down in funky town in fiston south.  Been a frankstonite most of my life and always seen the potential..and there is more to come.

Only have the 1 invest property in frankston but trying to work out how to get the next ten or even 1.  All good and well using equity in our 2 houses but u still have to come up with any shortfall.

But anyway…giving it a shot so thats half the battle.

Profile photo of minglingmingling
    Participant
    @mingling

Hi Wriggles and Marc,

Thanks for keeping us posted about Frankston and Frankson South.

Cheers !
        Ming
        http://www.sg

> Singapore mega sale is on. Good place for shopping especially ladies..

Profile photo of longroadlongroad
    @longroad

How do you feel about this area now?
    Its somewhere Im considering very highly for my first PPOR and to be used as an IP later.

Profile photo of dimechodimecho
    @dimecho

Hi All,

Owning a IP in Frankston myself (just behind Monash Uni) I believe with all the recent and soon to be constructed infrastructure around Frankston, IP within that area are set to boom.  

All round you can see are large land parcels which developers have already bought up!
     As for South Frankston, I believe personally it has already seen great increases. Give you can go down the road to Frankston (some where like Foot St) and buy something very similar but for a lot less, I would consider buying down the road.  Place around the Monash area will only boom once the infrastructure and freeways go up.  

Frankston is still only one of the very few places which you can buy a decent property via decent returns and so close to the beach/freeways. I’m currently getting around 6.0% out of my IP, which really isn’t too bad considering I bought it 3 years ago off the plan.
    Cheers,
    DIM 

Profile photo of longroadlongroad
    @longroad

This could very well be where i get my first property then… exciting :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.