All Topics / Finance / Lodoc from ‘New Loan’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Hybrid2007Hybrid2007
    @hybrid2007

Hi,

Has anyone had experience with this mob – http://www.newloan.com.au/. Their lodoc looks like a good option for seasonal/contract workers without need for 2 year abn etc.

I have been looking around and there doesn't seem to be much around allowing similar to the above. Please post if you have any other suggestions or experience with them.

Cheers,
    JC

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I just looked at the website; looks like any other crowd. Could be o.k. Their rates don't seem that fantastic though.

It does have a disclaimer on the fees and rates page which excludes fees for early loan payment and redraw etc, so the rate may seem low initially, but could end up being no different to anyone else when these fees are factored in.

I also noticed on the home page the loan with 3.99% variable repayment loan for 1st 2 years.

Be very careful with this product.

A zillion people in the USA are now in foreclosure due to this product or one like it.
    The way it works is you pay only half (approx) of the current interest rate for a set amount of years. The rest of the interest is tacked onto the loan (called capitalisation).

After the honeymoon period the loan reverts to the normal market rate and the loan is more than you began with, which is fine if the market keeps going up, but what if it doesn't or even goes backwards a little, or you lose your job or get sick or, or, or?

For some peole this is a great tool, but for the inexperienced and/or financially challenged (most people like that are the main recipients of these loans), it can be disastrous.

Profile photo of chockybockychockybocky
    Participant
    @chockybocky

Hiya L.A. Aussie,

Seemed like you are talking about  Cashflow Positive Loans.  Are they the same thing?

I am looking at refinancing with Cashflow positive loan in the near future.  More info will

be appreciated.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I haven't heard that name before.
    I would assume a cashflow positive loan refers to a loan that provides you with a positive cashflow somehow.
    Creative description; it sounds like a piece of hamburger mince being called a steak, but I don't know.
    I've never seen a loan that doesn't cost you money unless it is attached to a cashflow positive investment.
    Maybe post some details here and someone can analyse it for you before you do something.

Back to my original post for a second;
    I read a few days ago that many of the sub-prime lenders (the lenders who service the "marginal" borrowers) over here in the US have either gone bankrupt or have shut up shop. Lending will now become a lot tougher in the next few years, with only those with cash or equity deposits getting finance.
    The result is predicted to be very fewer buyers, too much stock to sell = downward pressure on housing generally.

It is my guess that this will flow on to Aus as we also have been active in these types of loans in recent months/years.

Unfortunately, Aus tends to follow the Yanks in many things and most of them are not good – daytime tv, reality shows, Aus Idol, celebrity worship, hip hop, rap, Iraq, anything Hollywood, massive consumerism, health care system, self absorption, bad manners, saying "like" every second word, corporate greed, wealth spruikers, that stupid "homey" fashion; what is that with your pants hanging off your upper thighs? (sorry; I digress – don't get me started).

So get cashed up and create a strong financial position and get ready to find some bargains.

Profile photo of pilihppilihp
    @pilihp

Hi J C,

There are a few low doc lenders that don't insist on an ABN. You can call yourself a consultant, contractor etc and as long as you have a clear credit record, you will be able to borrow at normal rates for the product.

As in the other posts, take care with loans that allow you to capitalise interest. They are in common useage & I suspect that most borrowers using them are buying time until the inevitable forced sale occurs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.