All Topics / Value Adding / Making a spreadsheet to handle my renovation….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of robsterrobster
    @robster

Hi all,

I want to create a detailed spreadsheet of my upcoming renovation (never done one before) and am wondering if people could lend a hand and help give some categories for the spreadsheet that I can create?  I'm thinking for eg:

roof (then items)
    outside (then items)
    kithcen (then items)

etc etc.  Does that make sence?  Any help much appreciated, when done I'll share it with the community.

Rob

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello robster

I found it strange that no one responded so I thought I would. 

Just in case you didn't go to look at the site recommended by scullyman in the thread "Any good spread sheets out there?", I thought I'd post it for you again in your thread.

http://www.sourcewealth.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=46

As scully said, you do have to register but it's free and in the tools section you will find a spreadsheet called Cashflow analysis tool which has a very detailed renovations spreadsheet as part of it.

Hope this helps
    Elka

Profile photo of Jase and FlicJase and Flic
    Participant
    @jase-and-flic

Hi robster
    I recently bought the "Renovation Toolbox" from Property Investing.com
    I am only halfway through the information so far, but it includes a very detailed spreadsheet for renovation which looks great. I am a carpenter so I have a pretty good idea of things, but this spreadsheet will save me heaps of time and I would have to do a few reno's before I would get a list as comprehensive.
    It cost me $395, which is a bit, but I think worth it.
    Up to you anyway.
    Cheers

Profile photo of kkingkking
    @kking

Hello Rob

I also bought the Renovation Toolbox and can vouch for it's value.

The only additional work you will need to do is to print out the reno worksheets and where they require prices fill in the amounts in the spreadsheet and (save your temple as 'template 2') by doing a walk through at Bunnings or similar. This will speed up the process 10 fold.

After this you'll find that it'll only take you about 30 mins to come up with a fully detailed reno costing (plus the inspection time).

Kerry King

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.