All Topics / Finance / Refinancing existing property, while another one pending settlement…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JITJIT
    @jit

Hi everyone,

Just need some advice. I have just signed a contract on a property that settles in June this year, using NAB for finance. I am currently in the process of getting unconditional finance for this (having initially got a pre-approval).

I have another existing property financed with a loan from Westpac. I am planning to get this property revalued next week to get a LOC for the increase in value, and need to fill out a new loan application form for this.

Do I need to mention the new property on this application form as an asset along with the new loan with CBA? The property hasn't settled yet, so it's not my asset, and the loan with CBA won't be in my name until settlement date?

I don't want this new property/loan to affect the re-finance. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

GSJ

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Technically you should fill in the statement of financial position as of the date you sign it, if you have not accepted the NAB's loan offer, then you don't really have the loan yet. You also don't really own the property yet as you have not settled.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of frankzanfrankzan
    @frankzan

Hi GSJ ,

Technically Terry is correct, however, your LOC refinance application will most likely be affected. 

Your application with NAB or CBA will be registered on you credit file. Unless you withdraw your application from CBA then Westpac is going to question your application for finance and this will ultimately affect your LOC application.
    Frank

[email protected]

Profile photo of JITJIT
    @jit

Thanks for replies so far. Just a note that the new loan is with CBA, not NAB, as I mistakenly typed in the first sentence.

I might just put it all in, I don't think it's something I can hide.

GSJ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.