All Topics / Help Needed! / Is anyone else in the same boat?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of NellNell
    @nell

I am only new to this forum and want to know if anyone else is successfully investing in Property when only employed on a contract basis. Both my husband and I work full time and earn a decent wage for our work, but never know when the contract will end. I have Income insurance, is that enough? Please let me know if you have been in a similar situation, and how you made it work.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

I am on contract but luckily it is a five year contract. I have been through two contract bids so far and each time there is a different winner but luckily they hire the exsisting staff each time. What i do just before contract renewal is get my personal debt down. Get my resume out to possible alternate employees and hope for the best. I dont let it stop me from doing what i want i just be carefull around that time.

Profile photo of NellNell
    @nell

Thanks Devo76, I suppose I am just a little scared of over committing! Do you have any stragegies in place if you did lose the contract you're on, and didn't get work straight away?

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

I am lucky as i have a expensive car thar is appretiating in value which is worth around $100 grand plus some equity in my PPOR. So i could sell both the PPOR and my car. Pay some of my IP to give me a buffer then go on a holiday and look for work  Maybe Dubai or something. A forced change in life cant be that bad.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

When we were working in research it was only on a contract basis. Now we have 2 businesses that have not been operational for more than 2 years so we are again in the same boat.

Thank god for low doc loans! They allow anyone to become a successful investor :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.