All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane Growth Areas

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of Johnny utahJohnny utah
    @johnny-utah

Making the trip up to Brisbane in a couple of weeks (from NSW) looking to purchase property to add to portfolio with the goal of achieving good short to medium term capital growth. Just wondering if anyone could recommend any particluar areas of Brisbane/Gold Coast that I should be looking at? I understand the areas of Mount Gravatt and Chermside are areas set to take off.

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

If your looking at Mt Gravatt consider Mansfield also.  -Next to Mt gravatt.  Mansfield may have some newer homes.  I know it was good value a few months ago but not totally up-to-date now so do your research.

Profile photo of daneyedaneye
    Participant
    @daneye

I live on the Gold Coast and its getting kinda pricey. If your looking for something average then areas like Nerang,Carrara, Merrimac, and Pacific Pines might be the go.

Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

I like Deagon myself. Also Leichardt or One Mile near Ipswich due to nice big blocks.

Profile photo of seer76seer76
    @seer76

My brother bought in Mt gravat East 4months ago and took a long settlement of 3 mths.  He purchased the property for 350k and during that 3 mths the house gained 40K!!!  The had it valued just after they moved in, so a easy gain without doing anything.  My brother said that when they where looking it was feice competition and it was very much first in best dressed.  Perhaps look at neighbouring suburbs around this area.  I agree with the Gold Coast areas that were suggested above, I am originally from there, especially Nerang area.  Cheers and Good Luck

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

well I'd cetainly be looking at  Chermside, especially walking distance to the Prince Charles Hosp. Chermside has the biggest  shopping centre in Bris and inside 10k's to the cbd.

Profile photo of Johnny utahJohnny utah
    @johnny-utah

thanks for the heads up, i will let you know how we go.

Profile photo of carlandmelcarlandmel
    Participant
    @carlandmel

Hi Johnny,

The area of Greater Springfield has been commented on quite a bit (see Property Investor mags and May issue of Money mag). Basically, this area is kind of in the middle of the major three areas of the greater Brisbane area, that being, Gold Coast, Ipswich and Brisbane. There is significant development going on there, with upgrading to multi-lane highways to support larger traffic flows, the building of the Orion Shopping centre (biggest shop in the southern hemisphere; Phase 1 already completed) and a passenger railway linking Brisbane to Springfield and onto Western suburbs. Also, they are planning on turning Amberley RAAF base, which is close by, into a 'superbase' which has not only RAAF personnel, but also ARMY, as I believe Ennoggera Army base personnel in Brisbane are being relocated out to Amberley as more inner city residential space is needed to support SE QLD's strong growth. There are uni's (USQ and TAFE) out there, in addition to a number of schools; Basically, there is major development in all aspects.. We recently bought a 4;2;2 house for under $300k in Springfield Lakes. Good luck with the searching. :-)

Profile photo of Johnny utahJohnny utah
    @johnny-utah

Thanks for that Carl and Mel, that has now given us a couple of areas to target. Hopefully we can also pick up something around the $300k (or thats what the bank manager is hoping anyway). Is there an agent you would recommend in the area?

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

try Redcliffe area

homes within 200m of beach for under 300k

Profile photo of Chief WigamChief Wigam
    Participant
    @chief-wigam

Does anyone have further thoughts on the Ipswich area? Prices seems to have gone up about 10% this year alone. They have been going up steadily since 2001.

Is the bull run over and time to look at another suburb or is this only the beginning?

Type of houses eg. worker's cottage, Colonial, queenslander – does it matter for capital appreciation?

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Ipswich in my opinion is an excellent growth area due to the current low socio status of the region. This means houses are cheap, but eventually, this satellite town will be huge…

For a bit of a risk, I believe the Logan corridor is still a great option. Kingston/Woodridge/Slacks Creek are still way below average Brisbane prices and are only 30min to the CBD…the area is going ahead….my 2 cents…

Profile photo of BelzgirlBelzgirl
    Participant
    @belzgirl

I heard Morayfield and Coomera are good areas to invest in… although Coomera is pretty pricy and you probably would find it hard to find something around $300k housewise that is.  Morayfield has some really nice houses – fairly new for quite cheap – thats just by looking on realestate.com.au to see whats going there….  i just heard that Morayfield is gonna boom, not 100% though… if anyone else has heard that too then let him know…  also up in Forest Lakes in Qld too seems to be another area thats gonna boom…  good luck!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.