All Topics / Help Needed! / Sydney anyone!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of booeytbooeyt
    Participant
    @booeyt

Hi,

My name is Bec and am fairly new to the site. I am living in Sydney and am looking at investing. I have been looking at all sorts of property and reading all the comments on this site and there seems to be no mention of sydney. Is it not an option for investers at the moment and if so, where are people interested in looking.

Also, if there are any investers in sydney, I would love to catch up with you to become more educated in this game.

Cheers

Bex

Profile photo of The ContrarianThe Contrarian
    @the-contrarian

Hi Bex,

A true investor can make money in any market.
    I respect Steve and his investment strategies and believe he has helped many people.
    But even Steve would agree that sometimes PROPERTY (cash flow or negatively geared) is NOT always the answer. Investing is ofcourse about diversification. Property is one vehicle… there are many vehicles to get you where you want to go. All of them have different purposes.

I am from sydney and can tell you there's lots of options…
    If you would like some specific advice… feel free to PM.

cheers,
    Anthony.

Profile photo of booeytbooeyt
    Participant
    @booeyt
    The Contrarian wrote:
    Hi Bex,

A true investor can make money in any market.
    I respect Steve and his investment strategies and believe he has helped many people.
    But even Steve would agree that sometimes PROPERTY (cash flow or negatively geared) is NOT always the answer. Investing is ofcourse about diversification. Property is one vehicle… there are many vehicles to get you where you want to go. All of them have different purposes.

I am from sydney and can tell you there's lots of options…
    If you would like some specific advice… feel free to PM.

cheers,
    Anthony.

Participant
    @booeyt

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for that, as mentioned am very new and believe in steve and his actions. If you are still in sydney would love to either catch up or even phone to discuss other opportunities. Any info is appreciated and I am keen to get as much of it as I can. Knowledge is power, right.
    My email is [email protected] if you are keen to chat.
    Cheers
    Bex
    Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hi Bex,

Any reason you're fixed on Sydney? If it's because you live here why not look a little further north? The Hunter region is, in my humble opinion, ripe for investment pickings. There are some suburbs with consistent 10%+pa 10-year average growth, affordable prices and decent rental returns. Jump onto a couple real estate websites, do a search of the region, call a couple agents up there and you're sure to spot a couple potential bargains.

Good luck,
    Art

Profile photo of JSumaryoJSumaryo
    @jsumaryo

Hi Bec

If you are interested go to http://www.icgroup.com.au, they have property investments in Sydney and Qld at the moment, an Im sure you can give someone a call there and find out more information and catch up.

Profile photo of emptypocketsemptypockets
    @emptypockets

you may want to have a look at the somersoft.com forums as well.

Profile photo of darrenholmesdarrenholmes
    @darrenholmes

Hi Bec,
                   I settled a property in Sydney in 2002 ( Waterloo) for $455,000, back then things were over valued and my property was valued at $585,000. Now in 2007 i would be lucky to get $520,000. I purchased off the plan for 455,000 using a deposit bond 2 years ealier ans kicked ass but the last few years have been slow eventhough the rent is becoming stronger. Sydney will always be great if you look at the long term. Darren

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello All,

I also live in Sydney, but have been off the forum site for some time due to study/work/family commitments.

Bec, you should research the forum here a little or I hope someone remembers and pops in some advice here soon, but there was a group of ppl from this forum who used to organise gatherings for Sydney investors. I think the last one which I remember was held @ Petersham RSL, which unfortunately I was unable to attend.

But I believe the gatherings would be of extreme benefit for networking / exchange of ideas / meeting and helping each other.

Hopefully one of the old organisers will see this thread and let us all know if anymore gatherings are going to be organised where & when etc.

Cheers

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Opps sorry Bex not Bec ( having speelll;ing errrss  today )

Participant
    @booeyt

Hey Auzzielad,

Thanks for that,
    I have been doing alot of talking and research so I am feeling more and more confident. 
    Cheers
    Bex
    (I answer to bec or bex so that is fine)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.