All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Newbie’s Section?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

Hi,
    I've been a member of this site for a while and it seems to be getting more complicated & filled with jargon. How about a small area dedicated to beginners (or those of us hiding behind "research" because we're too scared to buy an Investment  Property yet!). It have could have stickies covering Frequently Asked Questions and strategies for overcoming the initial fear of IP purchase etc.
    Regards

Patrick

The dumbest question is the one you don't ask.

Profile photo of DaviddanaeDaviddanae
    @daviddanae

Hi Patrick,

Formally on this site there was a search function for searching old post relating to a particular topic. It worked quite well, although I don’t know where it is now!

There are a number of personnel on this forum wanting to assist lesser experienced investors through the early parts of the property investing journey (ie people buying their first IP). You have hit the nail on the head with your signature, so make sure you practice what you preach. There are dozens of people here willing to give advice.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

How can inexperienced investors teach other inexperienced investors? Wouldn't you prefer to network with people who have already been there and "learn" the jargon?

Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

Xenia,

The intent of my idea was that, the more generous of the more expeienced members would have a specific place where they could share thier knowledge with us.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Here's a question I don't know the answer for;
    What is a "STICKY"?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

No idea Mark! I guess I'm not as experienced as I thought, may be joining that newby section after all :)

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Its a small note that you stick on your fridge to remind you of shopping tasks?  sorry just a guess

Profile photo of smpethsmpeth
    @smpeth

Gday, 
       At the bottom of the forum page there's a Topic Legend.
    I believe the "Sticky" is in there?

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

Hi Guys,

A "Stickied" topic is just a topic that is noted as important. Topics that are "Stickied" are forced to the top of the forum regardless of the last time it was updated.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

I think there are many n00bs on his site…in the same shoe as you Barnsey…

A quote for you from my website:

"MEGA IMPORTANT TIP (linked to tip 4): The greatest risk is doing nothing! Full stop."

Do not be afraid young one, for the greatest risks is to have no IP!!!!

(I was looking for an appropriate emoticon, and found this: look at the little fella strum his guitar!!!!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.