All Topics / Help Needed! / Do I need Fin Planner? Can U recommend one?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kearnalkearnal
    @kearnal

Hi There,

In searching for a home-loan & pre-approval I contacted a commercial mortgage broker. When I mentioned my grand plan of property investing they suggested I contact a financial Planner before making any decisions. Can anyone recommend one?

Questions I'm needing answer include whether or not to apply for FHOG, how to get the most out of the money I have saved, LVR risk managment…..

Basically I have 30K in the bank, never had a home loan, eligible for the FHOG and wanting to make atleast more than 2 purchases over the Reslults program.

I live in Windsor, just North of Brisbane city. So, any recommendations?

Luke.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Be careful of financial planners that push shares and life insurance. To me these are just sales people pushing products they are not investing strategists!

I would recommend Chris White from the prosper group in NSW, he is an investor and will be upfront and honest about whether he can help. [email protected]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

It will be hard to find a FP that recomends direct property. You could try Richard, QLDs007 on this forum, he is both a broker and a Financial Planner.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Hi Luke,
    These guys are right not all planners will be able to advise you on property. However they must provide advice that is best for your situation so they will tell you up front if they can help you or not.

To learn more before you just contact any planner go to: http://www.fpa.asn.au/

Im not a planner, but I work for AXA and from my experience it pays to do your research to find a planner or group of planners who are best suited to solve your situation.  Most larger firms have introduction sessions on a regular basis.  Find out when these are on and attend and then after the session ask your questions to see if they are a right fit.

Regards,

Profile photo of RVPRVP
    @rvp

I cannot recommend i financial planner in your area however i simply recommend you go and ask around who is the best in your city since every serious investor needs one who is an expert in fields in which they are not, investing is a team sport believe me and anyone who says that you do not need a team of people around you is not a multi multi millionare. Happy investing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.