All Topics / Help Needed! / INVESTING IN QLD, ONE MILE, IPSWICH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of edroyedroy
    @edroy

hi,

has anyone any information about hayman homes development in One Mile, Ipswich? i looked at google earth and found that it is close to the RAAF base in Amberley. does anyone know this area? is it noisy, is it good value? anyone know the area around chubb street, vineyard street etc?

would appreciate your help.

thanks

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

I own a house on Vineyard street in one mile and its got dual access from the back on Darcy Lane near the river. Since the bridge from Ippy got redeveloped a few years ago there hasnt been too much happening there except the odd infill house on a vacant block now and then.

The good thing is that in 2003 I bought this for $95k and its now worth $225k with a $215k rent. Currently we owe $152k on it so its a 7% return for us. Bathroom needs a redo as most houses in the area were quickly built and have some maintainence to do.  The values will continue to rise as the area is expanding in jobs and infrastructure. Three years ago they got rid of all of the weatherboard houses inside the airbase and made higher density dwellings for the influx of bodies they expected. By 2010 they will have not 3500 jobs there but 8500 jobs there with several infantry and airforce divisions relocationg there.

The airospace precinct included Boing which does all of its repair and mantainence work on the base too, as well as several other aerospace companies. Rosewood to the north of Amberley is going thru a bit of a boom as well with 3 new developements underway between Rosewood and Waloon. (Ihave a house in Rosewood too) so i do my homework well and keep up to date.

Hope this helps

DD

Profile photo of edroyedroy
    @edroy

hi dd,
    thanks for that. it was really helpful.
    cheers
    ed

Profile photo of edroyedroy
    @edroy

hi,
    i am looking at a new development on doorey street. they want 330k. which i think is too much. what is the rent for a four bedder, new brick home? any ideas?
    thanks
    ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.