All Topics / General Property / QLD investing Dalby, Chinchilla etc

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of 100 series100 series
    Participant
    @100-series

Looking at purchasing some investment properties in QLD and wondering if anyone can advise on any hotspots, good value for money etc

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

I think you may have missed the boat….Dalby, Chinchilla, Miles and the Roma corridor is now way overpriced….I have a fairly typical house in Miles and its probably worth at least $170,000, if not more….there are still some "renovators delight" bargains popping up now and again…Miles in particular is due for another mini boom…

http://members.optushome.com.au/~andrewkiss88/index.htm

Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

Hi everyone

would love to know more about chinchilla and what people think about it. If they think it will keep growing or not and why

Thanks Rob

Profile photo of HollywoodHollywood
    @hollywood

Flew up for the weekend two weeks ago to get a feel for the town. Looked at around 10 houses mainly Queenslanders around $200K on large blocks close to the town center. For us the risk was too high. We put in an offer and it was accepted however we later got cold feet and pulled out. I think the town has potential and would be a great place to invest, however it depends on how long you are willing to wait. There are too many ifs at the moment for my current investiment strategy…if the Dawson Valley Railway gets approval, if a private company can be found to fund the sections of the railway that will not be built by Queensland Rail, if the Port upgrade at Gladstone goes ahead so that the coal can be shipped out, if Linc Energy can keep its head above water long enough to go ahead with its plans to build a 20,000 barrel a day Gas to Liquid (GTL) facility in 12 months,
    There are good plans in place that will see the town go through the roof, however as I said, too many ifs for me at this stage, but that doesn't mean its not the right investment for you.

Cheers
    Paul.

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon
    Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

Hi everyone

Bardon in that thread there manly talkin about the mines up near bowen and mackay. Dalby, Chinchilla, Miles and Roma are about 8hrs south

Participant
    @bardon

Pro investor here is a copy of the post fyi

I work in the CSM industry.  Yes there is a lot on, the majority fo the wells are in the surat basin Roma/Miles/Dalby and also the Bowen Basin.  The conversion to LNG is very promising and I hope it goes ahead.  There are still some hurdles with this such as investment sign off and what to so with the waste water.  All the big players are saying they will build their own LNG plants in Gladstone which will be fed by wells and gathering systems in the basisn then large pipelines to Gladstone.  I beleive the right answer is one LNG plant and one pipeline from teh Suart Basin and one from the Bowen Basin.

Theer is another major LNG propject propsoal we rae looking at as well which if it goes ahead will be very good for QLD and teh LNG plant wont be in Gladstone it will be further north.

I travel out there frequently and you cannot get accomodation anywhere.  You can buy a band new townhouse in Chinchilla for $309k renting at 500 a week.

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

I still maintian that Moura is a nice little town currently flying under the radar. You can purchase under $280K and rent for $450 + per week with potential to subdivide (if you can pick up in the right streets). New motel, new IGA all in the pipeline, new shops almost complete. Belvedere underground mine now have their mining lease, which is additional mining on top of the Dawson mines, coal gas and other employers. Residex has predicted strong capital growth over the next 5 years off the back of these develpments. Obviously, you always need to do you homework, but there is certainly scope. Yes, I guess I am biased having a couple of rentals in the area, but I am always looking for the next "bargin".

Yes, I know the locals will say it cant go up, but when I was up there (beer currency!!) I had numerous locals tell me they sold their homes (rent back) in the first rise ($90-160K) because "prices wont go up". I guess having paid less than $20K in a lot of cases you would be happy with that result. A short time later, the price had risen again, " gee, wish we hadnt sold…." was a frequent comment………..

Ahh…….. crystal balls (or brass ones!!!) and hindsight…….makes millionaires out of anyone.

Cheers
    Mick

Participant
    @bardon

Looks like BG might get this one after recently loosing out to Conoco Phillips on the $14b bid for Origin Energy.

80pc above share price so it is very friendly, especially given the haircuts been dished out in the ASX on 4 year lows

Apparently the outgoing CEO said at his farewewll speech today that the BG money is literally in the bank here no finance required. He was all melodramatic and everyone felt sorry for him until they realised he pocketed $60m in the deal.

Petronas, Shell and Conoco have all made very large aquisitions of QLD coal seam methane gas in the last 4 months. The big boys are in town and they are cashed up.

So we are now either going to see coal seam gas to LNG delivery for the first time in the world, or the big boys will stall the LNG projects to raise the prices from some of there existing plants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys…2.2bn-deal.html

Profile photo of umit_baykurumit_baykur
    @umit_baykur

Hi there

I have a land in Chinchilla in the most sought after estate – Sovereign Park. I am going to sell it cheap, if you are interested, contact me on 0419 476 838.

Umit

Profile photo of BCRLBCRL
    Participant
    @belindalaversross

Hello everyone
    My husband and I are new property investors, we bought a place off the plan in 2012 which we wish we never did.
    Would love to chat to others who have interest in this area especially if there are any positives because we can’t see ourselves being able to sell the property for quite some time!!

Profile photo of YsonYson
    Participant
    @ysonproperty

how much u bought and what is the market value now?

Profile photo of BCRLBCRL
    Participant
    @belindalaversross

Bought mid $5ook’s

Realistically could sell currently mid to high $300k’s

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.