All Topics / Forum Frolic / mouse? gekko? roach?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

I have a mystery.

Every morning I wake up to find my fruit munched on (indents 10mm wide & 4mm deep) & droppings around (3mm long). Common sense would suggest we have a mouse. but…….we have 2 cats. 2nd conflict is where the droppings are found. window sills, benchtop, even on a door handle. how on earth would a mouse get there? 3rd conflict……mouse trap yielded no victims so far. 4th conflict……mice often get into the rubbish bag & rustle around a bit. weve heard no noise at all.

what could be going on?

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Possum or rat maybe?

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Hi Crashy, Mouse poos are rounded, roaches are rough.  My sisters old house had roaches and they would eat the fruit.  Not positive but I think gecko poos have a white dot.  Happy investigating.

Profile photo of BarnseyBarnsey
    Participant
    @barnsey

Millions,
    You seem quite an expert on poo – you must have too much time on your hands (hopefully not too much poo on your hands!)!

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Hi Barnsey, yes i am a bit of a poo expert.  When I was working in my first office job in a disgusting 100 year old office that was rat, mouse, coackroach infested the pest inspector for some reason thought it was important to explain to me the different poos.  The joys of being the junior I guess. 

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

well there are white dots on the poo ends so it looks like geckos are the culprit. seems unusual they would eat fruit tho……..

thanks a million(s)

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Could be a baby possum I have one in my house but haven't been able to catch it. Looks just like a mouse also but tail is longer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.