All Topics / Help Needed! / Building insurance for block of units – any recommendations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lisaslisas
    @lisas

Hello

I am currently looking for building insurance for a block of 4 units in regional NSW.  I have been advised that I need to get body corporate insurance or similar because there is common ground on the property.  I own the whole block and they are on one title, not stata etc.  Does anyone have any recommendations of insurance companies I should (or should not) approach for quotes?

Thanks
    Lisa

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

If it is not strata title you do not need "body corporate" insurance.  You simply insure the building, your contents eg airconditioners etc and for public liability.  Try AMP or CGU.  If it is a remote town try Elders

Profile photo of lisaslisas
    @lisas

Thanks I will try Elders.

I have called the insurance companies (AAMI, Your Insurance Group, CUNA)  I use for other properties but they won't insure the building as "there is common ground other than the driveway and paths", they said I need to be careful to get the right type of insurance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.