All Topics / Help Needed! / Albury/Wodonga investors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

Trying to get my head around this area and remembered seeing a local investors group last year. Can anyone give me advice on where to (and not to) look at?
    Thanks

Profile photo of gnelsongnelson
    @gnelson

i lived there for  27 years, slow capital gain..reasonable rents. seems at a bit of a peak at present, i just consider it a slow area ,possibly not enough industry there to sustain any sort of rapid population growth , but the odd bargain is around especially just out of town areas with 5 acres or so.

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello Lilyhutch,

I grew up a little south of Albury / Wodonga , and have also been keeping an eye on the area. Recently if not now there are major road works being completed, so the main highway which caters for traffic between Syd-Melb will by pass Albury and not through anymore.

Wodonga appear to be cheaper area, as with Lavington (nth Albury) I think Lavington is mores lower income / commission area.

Many Army personel still reside in Wodonga area.

I see growth in the area, as yes slow growth.

If I remember rightly, just out of Albury Wodonga towards Wangaratta ( near Barnawatha (not sure of spelling) there are some huge commerical buildings proposed, a main depot for storage etc.

As for your original question I do know local investors or groups in the area, pherhaps ring a few agents, they should be in the know.

Cheers & good luck

Profile photo of Gavin79Gavin79
    @gavin79

I am a current member in the Army. i am becoming more interested in property investment. I will be hopefully moving to Wodonga/ Bonegilla area for about a year. I have been looking into buying in Wodonga for my first property. As a former resident of Albury and than Howlong i was interested to read about the planned bypass of Albury/ Wodonga. Of major note was the fact that the railway line will make the XPT more efficient as well as giving Uncle Bens more room to expand. These two things can only help Wodonga grow. My goal is two properties in that year before i am posted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.