Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hello,

Would someone know what my legal rights would be if i did not want to sell after a contract has been signed. About half way through before settlement. (QLD)

Dom

Profile photo of MysteryMystery
    Participant
    @mystery

I hope it's not one of the two that I'm buying in QLD at the moment Dom 

Martin

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

A contract is binding once exchanged. No backing out now unless the other party lets you.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Just prey like mad that he does not settle on the settlement day and requests and extension. Terminate the Contract and sue for Specific Performance.

Alternatively if the finance and building inspection dates have not gone do not offer an extension on either of these.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of POBPOB
    @pob

Ive had someone pull out on a signed contract in WA. I found it all too hard and it was going to be expensive.

I gave it to them. I think it could be more trouble than its worth. There are a lot of other houses out there.

Thats just me.

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi,

And thanks for the info, the property is in mount isa i bought it in 03 for $135,000 and its under contract for $385,000. I am not complaining. The rent has gone from $240 a week to currently $560 a week. My concern is that have i sold it to cheaply???
    My plan was to pay some debt of ( not unmanegable) and invest in a large established part managed buisness, since it looks like retiremnt age is going to be 70+. So i have 30 years left! By my choice i am not working and dont need to but i find it to boring to sit around at home and play the sharemarket.
    So basically my selling intentions is to buy myself a job that i run.

Dom

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Dom,
    Unless someone was deceptive in the deal, honour your contract.  Dont screw others around because you made the mistake. 

Im sure you dont tell others when they are underselling to you to think twice.

Regards,

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hello Mathew,

I intend to fully honor the contract i was simply asking what my legal rights were if it could be done. The right answer was given by QLD;s007 (richard)

Dom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.