All Topics / General Property / Good property, nice area, on busy road. Buy or not to buy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of shanshanshanshan
    Participant
    @shanshan

Hi guys,

Looking at an investment property thats in a good suburb, but is on a main road. The main bedroom is at the front, I figure if I put up some decent rollar shutters that may keep out the noise. Any thoughts?

When I viewed the property it was raining, would that make the traffic seem louder?

I really appreciate any advice

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Is this a property for you to live in, or an investment property?

I have a personal bias here. I lived on a main road for a few years and was assured that I would get used to the traffic. I never did!

My friend and fellow investor has a theory here that I subscribe to… an A grade house can attract a D grade tenant, but a D Grade house won’t attract an A Grade tenant.

I suggest you work out your target rental market, the potential rent, and understand that your property may be cheap now but it will probably always underperform other houses in the area as the roads will surely only get busier.

Remember though, investing is about numbers, not emotion. If the figures crunch well then it could be a great deal.

All the best,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of mum2fivemum2five
    @mum2five

Speaking from experience….I would leave it……We bought our house on what others classed as a busy street (I didn't think it was busy at all) and although the house was great, the street put people off when renting and also when we sold although we did still get $240p/w for it, had it been on a quiet street it probably would have gotten $260-$280p/w, we lost 20K off the bank valuation at sale time because people wanted a quiet street. We found it fine to live in though.

I do think the rain would make the traffic louder though

Profile photo of shanshanshanshan
    Participant
    @shanshan

Is it possible to put up a sound proofing wall outside the property?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.