All Topics / Help Needed! / Kalgoorlie Real Estate Agents

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of TurtleTurtle
    @turtle

can anyone please recommend an agent in Kalgoorlie??? I have a unit i wish to sell and will not be giving it to the managing agents due to ongoing incompetence…

thanks in advance

turtle

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I don't think there is anyone there that is better than the next.

Past experience. The good news is that there is a boom going on there, so you will sell it in 5 mins.

Why are you selling? The rents are going up, and the properties are still going up. Giddyup!

Profile photo of TurtleTurtle
    @turtle

thanks Marc…do you know what the average comms are?? I've had one lady this morning tell me 3.45% +GST!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a brissy agent, i am flabbergasted that they are that high makes our approx 2.5% capped by law look very ordinary – hi ho, its off to perth i go!!!

reason for selling it is i need the money for another project – don't really want to sell it, but the other project is more important and has much MUCH greater potential/benefit. I've made a fair bit out of it since i bought and the rental is awesome – but them's the brakes!!  It's only a cheapie (will sell it for about 170) but should sell quickly apparently as the rent is over 210pw with room to grow…and a long term very good tennant to boot!!!

cheers
    Turtle

Profile photo of Mark A BrownMark A Brown
    @mark-a-brown

HI

I am a new member as of today. 

Re:Turtles post today for an estate agent in Kalgoorlie.  It would seem to me that in a 'booming market' and with so many people in this forum there could be a place where you can advertise, market etc your property to other members (does this already exist).  This would save you from the commission costs.   Is this allowed?  I would welcome any thoughts.

Cheers

Mark

Profile photo of Mark A BrownMark A Brown
    @mark-a-brown

If I wish to reply to a post how do I do that?

Cheers

Mark

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Turtle, I think every profession in Perth is earning heaps more than Brisbane (no offence to anyone but it's a fact that wages are higher).  I made the move 8 years ago.  I gues that's why property boomed so much.  Just about every second person I know is working for mining companies and earning big $$$$. I've met a few guys in early 20's earning around $100k/yr.  I'm so jealous!  Gees i could improve my portfolio big time if I was earning that sort of money.  If only I was ten years younger so I could work in the mines!  Linda

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Turtle wrote:
    thanks Marc…do you know what the average comms are?? I've had one lady this morning tell me 3.45% +GST!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a brissy agent, i am flabbergasted that they are that high makes our approx 2.5% capped by law look very ordinary – hi ho, its off to perth i go!!!

reason for selling it is i need the money for another project – don't really want to sell it, but the other project is more important and has much MUCH greater potential/benefit. I've made a fair bit out of it since i bought and the rental is awesome – but them's the brakes!! It's only a cheapie (will sell it for about 170) but should sell quickly apparently as the rent is over 210pw with room to grow…and a long term very good tennant to boot!!!

cheers
    Turtle

As an agent you would know that the commissions are negotiable. Maybe you need to have a mini commission auction amongst the agents – tell them all to put in their best (lowest) offer. That'll be fun. They're all just trying it on to anyone who falls for it.

Is there any way you can use the equity from the Kal property to help fund the next project? maybe get a JV partner?

I think there is still a bit of growth still to go over there in Kal, and the rents are starting to go up. Even when it flattens out, I don't think the values will drop off all that much and it won't happen for a while; especially while China and others similar are developing and need our metal etc.

Profile photo of DaviddanaeDaviddanae
    @daviddanae

Speak with Nicola or Norm at Wades.
    Tell them Dave C sent you.

Profile photo of TurtleTurtle
    @turtle

thanks guys…

Marc next project involves venture capital (or private equity as they like to call it now) so dont really want to jump in with anyone just in case…dont have anymore cash anywhere and whilst i could use the equity i want to keep this separate from my property aspirations in case there is a problem… this propety is the cheapest one i own and probably the lowest return so i'm hoping i'm cutting the lowest performer from the books.

see what happens!! thanks for your thoughts.

T

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.