All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane towards Toowoomba

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of CJWentworthCJWentworth
    Participant
    @cjwentworth

Just wondering what you guys think of the "Western Corridor" along the Warrigo HWY towards Toowoomba. Obviously this passes Ipswich along the way.

The reason I ask is that in my price range of ~150-210k around Brisbane, these are the areas I'm comfortable investing in. I'm looking for something rent-able, house and land (possible subdivision later on, however not necessary), something that doesn't require too much work but not too new either. This will be my first "investment" in the eyes of the Tax-man.

In regards to both Ipswich and Toowoomba, what are the "desirable" and non-desirable suburbs of the cities?

I'm also keeping an eye out on the Cairns/Townsville area (again because of affordability as well as comfort) however House and Land in Townsville has moved out of my reach, which as left me with the option of Units/Flats. Which, in my opinion, Cairns is much more desirable as Townsville doesn't have as much of a market for rent-able units.

-CJ

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

HI there
    as we live in Toowoomba we can give you a heads up on particular areas if you would like to contact me.
    Just be aware though – just at the moment Toowoomba has a vacancy rate of about 4% – and there isn't the same rental pressures for tenants.
     thanks

Profile photo of TheShoulderGuyTheShoulderGuy
    Participant
    @theshoulderguy

This my first comment to be posted on this site so hope it is okay.

"Wife works in Ipswich much happening in and around there. Especially North Ipswich way. Good Luck"

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Welcome Madproperty.

There sure is a lot going on out Ipswich way! I was recently out Springfield and there was a hive of development activity going on all over the hills. Developers, landscapers, earthworks, houses being built, I never seen so many workers working on developments. They we're scattered all throughout the hills amongst the trees.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Hi CJ,

We live and have been investing in the Ipswich region for a few years now and have seen our property values and returns increase considerably,  but the market is very "hot" at present with houses selling fast.  You should be able to source a property for around the $200K with a 5% Gross Return but it will probably need a freshen up to be rentable.

South East Qld is experiencing the fastest growth rate of any urban region in Australia.  By 2026 the population is expected to reach 3.7million people, an increase of over 1 million people.  The SE Qld regional plan (http://www.oum.qld.gov.au) published in 2005 sets out to guide the direction of future development.  More than 80% of the region from Noosa to the NSW border and west to Toowoomba will be protected from development.  The SEQ regional plan also identifies a new urban growth corridor for housing and industry.  Ipswich is expected to grow from 140000 to 318000 people by 2026. 

To read about my visit to the opening of the new Orion Springfield :http://www.propertydivas.com.au/6Share/ReadStory.aspx?story=138d9e24-e46e-4cb0-b9ba-3aa5ac4d9d31

Hi Jaffasoft good to see you up and about!

Profile photo of CJWentworthCJWentworth
    Participant
    @cjwentworth

Thanks for the replies guys and sorry about the late one from me.

Raddles- I hope to contact you soon with relevant questions, I've got to think some up lol.

AmandaBS- Thanks for that, I read the article about Orion Springfield and surprisingly, for such a grand structure, this is the first I've heard of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.