All Topics / Finance / Help with Lo Doc & No Doc loans

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of EtceteraEtcetera
    @etcetera

Hi again,

A few questions to those in the know:

1. I understand from previous posts that Lo & No Docs are often postcode limited. Is there an accessable list somewhere to show which postcodes are ok? I know this probably varies by lender, but it would seem to make sense to have access to this before looking too far into a particular property or even an area.

2. I know that a lot of lenders don't like properties with very small m2. ie. usually need higher % deposit, etc. Are there any special rules for Lo or No Docs?

3. What would be a typical 'premium' for a Lo Doc or No Doc over the current standard variable rates?

4. I gather that taking out a Lo Doc can make it hard to get a No Doc in the future. Is this the case?

5. What happens if you continue to make repayments (no problems meeting them), but you overestimate your income. Are there any potential problems with this? We run a business which is quite seasonal. How does this work?

Thanks a bunch everyone. We've done full-doc in the past & are looking at our options.

Any help or suggestions would be GREAT!

Cheers,

E.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi E

In answer to your questions

1. I understand from previous posts that Lo & No Docs are often postcode limited. Is there an accessable list somewhere to show which postcodes are ok? I know this probably varies by lender, but it would seem to make sense to have access to this before looking too far into a particular property or even an area. A) Whilst Gemworth and PMI have their own websites remember some lenders use both companies and also there are 3 or 4 other companies who use the smaller LMI companies or who self insure and your MB is probably an easier reference point

2. I know that a lot of lenders don't like properties with very small m2. ie. usually need higher % deposit, etc. Are there any special rules for Lo or No Docs? A) Dependant on the actual LVR then most lodoc policies would be similar to full doc lending.

3. What would be a typical 'premium' for a Lo Doc or No Doc over the current standard variable rates?  A) Again dependant on the actual LVR and whether it is Nodoc / Lodoc then is no reason why there would be any loading on the interest rate.

4. I gather that taking out a Lo Doc can make it hard to get a No Doc in the future. Is this the case?

4. I gather that taking out a Lo Doc can make it hard to get a No Doc in the future. Is this the case? A) It all depends on who you use and with whom they mortgage insure. A good MB should find away around for you.

5. What happens if you continue to make repayments (no problems meeting them), but you overestimate your income. Are there any potential problems with this? We run a business which is quite seasonal. How does this work? A) No problems with the lender as they will hope you will make your normal repayments. The ATO use cross matching to verify income in case where they believe it has been severally understated. Nodoc maybe the answer here.

Just remember each lender has its own serviceability rules and these can vary considerably. Whilst you may think you have reached your limit on a full doc basis with one lender you may find that with another your borrowing capacity is considerably higher.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

As a guide, here is PMI's location wizard:
    http://www.pmigroup.com.au/locationwizard.asp?attractor=4

PMI are probably the biggest mortgage insurer of low/no docs

Low/no docs are usually less than the current standard variable rates which are 8.07%.

No Doc loans can be rejected when the mortgage insurer already knows your income and calculates you cannot service on this income. Careful planning can avoid this.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Be careful of investing in
    Student accommodation. (need to check with lender first)
    Carparks (need to check with lender as usually not residential lending)
    High density accomodation like greater the 10 apartments in block of apartments.(need to check with lender first)
    Subdivisions greater than three may need to check with lender first to see if ok. (like you own all units or subdividing)
    CBD high density apartment blocks .(over supply makes it hard for lender to sell if mortgagee sale, need to check first)

Lenders are not keen on vacant rural or income producing rural properties
    Maximum size limits apply on rural and with a house on it if it is outside the main rural town . (need to check with lender first)

Another interesting issue is when a building has too much exposure for the one lender. This means that a majority of other apartments are mortgaged with the one lender. So in this case it is good if you know the building name if it has one , to give to the lender.

Profile photo of EtceteraEtcetera
    @etcetera

Hi Richard, Terry & Brett,

Thank you all for your information. The pmi site will be particularly useful!

The problem is that we are self-employed so we are waiting on our accountant for financials. Just looking at our options, as we've hit a bit of a rut. We've been trying to put our business under management for the last 6-9 months, but actually GETTING a manager over here (WA) is almost impossible. (Businesses are actually going out of business over here because they can't ge the staff they need to operate!) We want to get jobs again for the borrowing ability to give ourselves a better kick along.

Any suggestions here? It's hard to save up the 50k+ required for these sorts of loans.

Cheers,

E.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.