All Topics / Opinionated! / asking excesively high prices

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of vyvyenvyvyen
    Participant
    @vyvyen

Hi,

I know this is not about investing BUT why do some people ask studiply high prices for their property?  E.g.  property 2 streets away from me, 2 storey house on 4 acres, have been asking $2,500,000 for over 2 years and has not sold.  Now asking $2,950,000!!!  Has been listed with every local agent including agents in Perth (2 hours away).  Was told by one local agent it has been on market for 8 YEARS and they keep incresing the price.  What are they thinking?  I just can't fathom this logic?  Would like to know others opinions on tis type of seller?

Cheers

Vyvyen

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Some people put the top dollar price on their house and wait for a bunny to come along. These people don't need to sell, but will if someone pays what they ask.

If the agents had any business ethics they would tell that vendor they are being ridiculous and not take the listing.

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

Yes I know what you mean . We have a local agent who has had his own home listed and advertised most every week for the last ten years there abouts . He keeps coming up with different blurbs to run with it . It makes me wonder how he keeps coming up with them . How some people can write so much BS for so long astounds me .

Last night i watched 'Some Mothers Do Have Em ' on the comedy classics with Frank Spencer . This agent would fit right in with Frank………..

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

On the same Token,

We have all probally been guilty of offering Very low prices to see if we get a bite

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

I guess everyone has a price for their castle it would be interesting to know if any offers at all have been knocked back over such a period

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.