All Topics / Help Needed! / Residential Zoning in ACT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of micky mousemicky mouse
    @micky-mouse

Hi Guys.

I have a question regarding residential zoning in the ACT. My parents have a property in Tuggeranong which they are considering subdividing. The property is over 1200 m2. ACTPLA have confirmed that the property is suitable for dual occupancy development. However, they have stated that the zoning is "residential suburban" meaning that both properties would remain on the one title and therfore when selling, would have to be sold together. Apparently if the zoning was "residential core" then the dual occupancy could take place on separate titles.

Excuse my ignorance here, but is there anyway that application can be made to rezone? There are other properties within the same street that have dual occupancy, there are even some villa/ town house developments within the same street. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MM

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Hi MM,

Well I'm not very familiar with the rules in the ACT but perhaps you could try contacting Gary Seeto (888 Abundance) of this forum who lives there.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/user/53670

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there

have you approached the ACT planning authorities with your proposal – to see whether an application could be lodged?  If there are other properties in the street allowing dual occupancy – perhaps it could be as simple as changing the characteristics of your particular lease in Tuggeranong
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.