All Topics / General Property / Underpinning Lesson Coming

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I notice there is some external cracking in my PPOR that I suspect is caused by the footings on an external wall shifting.

The ‘crack’ is in an expansion joint on the west wall where extensions done 20 years ago butt against the old house. There are some new internal cracks that have opened up over Easter.

So… the underpinning expert is coming out tomorrow. I’ll let you know what he says and see if I can take a few pics.

I feel an expensive lesson coming…

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

I saw a documentary last week saying if your house is built on clay you need to avoid big trees near your home as they cause extensive cracking.  In one of my rentals which is on clay near river I've had extensive cracking occuring in last few months.  Our new tenants haven't watered the lawn all summer (and Perth summers are very dry!!!).  Our 42 year old home is suffering big time.  I might be saying goodbye to a huge gum tree and some tenants.  Good luck with your home, hopefully it's something simple.  Linda

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

The joys of slab on ground!!  Give me a lovely Queenslander on stumps any day.

Profile photo of Dave LDave L
    @dave-l

Yes the big "Dry" will not only effect house & land value it will also cause structual problems hence the need for good building inspections and solid foundations when building.

Hope things are not too expensive for you Steve or you might have to write another book.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.