All Topics / General Property / IP near the cemetery- buy or not buy ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of minglingmingling
    Participant
    @mingling

Hi,

I am a novice investor and not sure whether should i give it a miss for this sort of property near the cemetery.

Greatly appreciate your sharing whether we should also consider the location especially not near the cemetery for investment purposes.

Traditionally, it is believed (especially Asian) as bad Feng shui (identified as a form of geomancy) to have anything near or related to cemetery.

Your valuable sharing and experience is much appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers !
    Ming

Profile photo of simondemasimondema
    Participant
    @simondema

Hi Ming

I guess it depends on how you feel about it. I live in Clovelly (near Bondi) and a large number of apartment blocks and units overlook the cemetery, which overlooks the ocean. No chance of ever having your views built out!!

It appears it does not bother many people, asany units with such views are always sold. I guess if your renters are predominantly Asian, then maybe you will find it a bit harder. Views and water always sell/rent.

Cheers

Simon

Profile photo of rejoicerejoice
    @rejoice

Agreed. It depends on the location. Think of Catherine Hill Bay and the cemetery they have right near the bowling club and stone's throw away from residential housing. The thing with Feng Shui is that bad Feng Shui may be counteracted and turned into good Feng Shui with placement of certain objects in certain areas, I'm no expert but that's what I've heard abut the subject.

Profile photo of mollymonstamollymonsta
    @mollymonsta

Hi
    I built my first 2 bedroom home across the road from the local lawn cemetry. The view was a sea of flowers. Didn't worry me a bit until i lost a couple of young freinds who moved in across the road. Saying that i had no trouble selling the property after having it for 18 months and made a tidy profit.

good hunting

Profile photo of minglingmingling
    Participant
    @mingling

Dear All,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have decided to give those properties a miss.

You notice those properties are normally cheaper compare to other location.

thanks and cheers !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.