All Topics / Help Needed! / Apartments! Insurance?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BreakEvenBreakEven
    Participant
    @breakeven

Hi All,

I have a few apartments on the city fringe that will be available for rental in the next few weeks.  Both these properties have a body corp that looks after the Structural Insurance.

Is it worth getting any other insurance?  Im guessing that Public indemnity in vital.  But what else should I consider…? Is landlords insurance really worthwhile in your opinions…?   And what abouty insurance for internal damage, like fire etc…

Break'n'Even

"I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car."
    BOB MARLEY

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

You absolutely MUST have;

1. Public Liabilty Insurance – $20 mill.
    2. Contents Insurance to cover fixtures and fittings; ask your insurer or broker about value. Go for more if unsure – it's a slight increase in premiums.
    3. Landlord's Insurance to cover you against those dodgy tenants.

You can get all-in-one packages these days, some lenders provide it, or do a google on Landlord's Insurance. The premiums expense is tax deductible.

Check the Body Corp particulars for the building insurance; they normally cover all of the building and public liability for the common areas only.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.