All Topics / General Property / Town planners reports .Help please.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Rod WalkerRod Walker
    @rod-walker

Hi

Reno Kings  have another company which offers the service of a report compiled by  their " Town Planner"  (for a fee of$399) which details such info as Flood or Overland flow, does it have a combined drain, future council restrictions, etc, but you need to become a member at a cost of $488.

I feel the information from the Town Planners" report is valuable and am happy to pay for a report but not having to become a member also.

Does anyone know of a reputable company/service that does this type of reporting?

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Yes, most of the information you seek can be obtained for free from your local Council, you just need the time to do the running around.

Profile photo of LandLand
    @land

Hi Rod,

I am a town planner in NSW. If you are in NSW you can order a Section 149 Certificate for a small sum which tells you the zoning of the property and any affectations on the property, like if it's flood affected etc. The Certificate is generally fairly clear, but even if you don't understand all of it, every council has a 'duty' town planner who can help explain it to you. Sounds to me like the 'town planner' report is just a polished and rehashed version of your Section 149 Certificate. (I am assuming a similar certificate can be obtained in other states). You would also need to get a copy of the title of the property (ask the real estate agent) and check that there aren't any easements or restrictions on the title of the property, as you can't generally build over easement.

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.