All Topics / General Property / what you don’t know about “the Secret”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    L.A Aussie wrote:
    I thought it was just me that was being harsh, and thinking the whole thing is a scam.

It has that "Amway" or "born again" feel about it I believe.

That is exactly what it is! And that is exactly why 'rejoice' is here, 'sharing' (spruiking) 'the secret'.

Check out the rubbish link. It is her/his personal 'affiliate site'. Rejoice will sell you 'the secret' for $2000. What you get is a kit (what they call "Premium SGR Affiliate tools (a $3,000 value) that you can choose to use to build a new source of income by sharing the Science of Getting Rich Program.") that allows you to build the exact same website to sell 'the secret' to others for $2000.

It's Multi Level Marketting (MLM) in it's lowest form. It works exactly the same as any other pyramid scheme.

Why has this thread not at the very least been moved into the off-topic section? Or closed down?

F. [cowboy2]

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Yossarian wrote:
    one cave dweller convinced another to trade his nice warm mammoth skin for a magic stick that would attract good looking cave-chicks.

a) Where can I get one?
    b) How much?
    c) If I believe in it it will work, right? The power of positive thinking? Therefore, it cannot be a scam and I cannot lose! Here, take my bearskin boots too.

Incidentally, anybody who doesn't believe it's a pyramid scam/scheme, should take a long hard look at the following picture from their website:
    How a pyramid scheme works
    http://thesgrprogram.com/marketing/images/affmodel1.jpg

Peter Birkenhead does a great job in shredding "the secret" from a philosophical and psychological perspective here:
    http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2007/03/05/the_secret/

Anybody who reads this and is still "a true believer" is well beyond help.

F. [cowboy2]

Profile photo of kowntafitkowntafit
    @kowntafit

You can watch the full video online for free so it is not necessarily a pyramid scam, although that is probably the intention.

http://www.thesecretstory.com/Watch_The_Secret_Movie_Free.html

There is certainly a strong relationship between a persons mindset and their end result. Someone who goes into a challenging situation with a negative outlook ("I can't do it") will most often focus so heavily on every setback that they will just give up or they won't even try in the first place. A strong positive minded person however who makes it his goal to succeed, and will learn from the setbacks, but will focus on the steps forward to fuel his motivation to reach his goal and succeed. Obviously you have to be realistic about the situation, but attitude certainly plays a part in the outcome, that is no 'secret'.

Where the movie falls down is that they substitute 'wishing/asking' for hard work and try to justify it by some spiritual rubbish and hyping it up. While 'wishing' may help identify your goals, and having a positive outlook may develop the right attitude, which is half of the battle, spiritual rubbish unfortunately will not substitute hard work.

The danger of the video is that so many people fall for the spiritual rubbish and take the whole thing literally. It is a shame that they had to go over the top, but I guess it is perfectly targeted towards lazy uneducated people (ie. the people who watch Oprah ) which is why it is so popular. (I hope I don't get in trouble for that)

Sorry to any Oprah fans. Check out the link above though, it is worth watching.

Profile photo of rejoicerejoice
    @rejoice

1. Begin to pay attention to what you're THINKING.

2.You enternalize those thoughts and you create a FEELING. Make sure you're feeling good about everything you do.

3. Those Feelings are expressed in ACTION. Pay attention to your actions. Do everything aswell as you can possibly do.

4. RESULTS. Pay attention to your results. And understand this, you are in control of your results.

@foundation
    rejoice wrote:
    1. Begin to pay attention to what you're THINKING.
    2.You enternalize those thoughts and you create a FEELING. Make sure you're feeling good about everything you do.
    3. Those Feelings are expressed in ACTION. Pay attention to your actions. Do everything aswell as you can possibly do.
    4. RESULTS. Pay attention to your results. And understand this, you are in control of your results.

5. And… oh yes, give me $2,000!

Seriously, if the only thing I need to do to gain abundance is to visualise abundance, why would I (or anybody else) ever need to pay you $2,000? And why would you ever need anybody to give you $2,000, given you could just visualise it and recieve it instead?

Admit it, it's all just a sucker-scam. Only suckers would read the book or watch the movie without thinking "oh what a load of @#$%!". Lucky for you and your masters, if they're sucker enough to fall for the message, they'll be sucker enough to fall for the $2,000 ask. Of course, none of this will be reaching you since the very structure of the pyramid scheme means that you (assuming you're not the apex player) are every bit as much a sucker… as a leach!

All the best, F. [cowboy2]

@rejoice

Your way of doing things is the direct result of the way you think about things. To do things in a way you want to do them, you will have to acquire the ability to think the way you want to think. This is the first step toward getting rich.

To think what you want to think is to think truth regardless of appearances. You have the natural and inherent power to think what you want to think, but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which are suggested by appearances. To think according to appearance is easy.

To think truth regardless of appearance is laborious and requires the expenditure of more power than any other work you have to perform. There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained and consecutive thought, it is the hardest work in the world. This is especially true when truth is contrary to appearances.

Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce corresponding form in the mind which observes it. This can only prevented by holding the thought of the truth. Observation is power… judgment is weakness.

@foundation
    rejoice wrote:
    judgment is weakness.

I judge you to be a complete and utter lunatic, consistently breaching forum rules against advertising, and failing to be anywhere near the required topical range of 'General Property'. How weak am I?

Do you still need me to send that $2000 cheque, or have you done enough "sustained and consecutive thought" to avoid the need?

In abundance,
    Your faithful follower,
    Foudation, [cowboy2]

@foundation

Ah, bum. I wrote my name wrong. However, I'm going to spend the next 20 minutes thinking and feeling the lack of spelling mistakes in my last post.

You'll see the wonders of my effort shortly.

Be prepared to be amazed.

F.

@foundation

Ah bugger.

I've thinked the truth-think thingy for fricking ages, but can't make it work. Maybe I don't have the power.

My dearest guru the most devout and holiest 'Rejoice', I implore you to think the way you want to think (ie to think truth regardless of appearances) using this natural and inherent power to think what you want to think, thus changing the very nature of the world (which is clearly in 'false-think' mode now – witness my mispelled name, but with your power of truth-think, can become truly resolved).

Can you demonstrate this by changing my spelling error*?

Regards, your follower holding one thong in the air,
    F. [cowboy2]

* Hey – no moderator funny business Mr Macks! Come on, I know you were thinking it…

Profile photo of YossarianYossarian
    @yossarian

I have visualised sending you $2000. Please send me the stuff to add to my collection.

If the money doesn't turn up, please visualise it doing so and all will be well.

Here endeth the lesson.

@rejoice

The only thing that can grow is the thing you give energy to… Cheers!

@foundation
    rejoice wrote:
    The only thing that can grow is the thing you give energy to.

Well my damn lawn keeps growing. I will stop giving energy to it so that I no longer need to mow it. Thanks for the tip, oh wise and abundant sensei.

Your affectionate disciple,
    F. [cowboy2]-

@foundation

Ps – did you get my $2,000 yet? I visualised my ass off last night…

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

You can't win F;

it's like talking to a 'born again" – they have an answer for any logical argument, and you will go mad trying to upset them.

By the way rejoice, I have many dark thoughts about severly hurting scammers, but I haven't done it and nor will I.
    I have many thoughts that I am Donald Trump, but I'm not him… yet.

But you know what I've done; I stopped wishing and started doing. I've spent many years working very, very hard, getting educated, saving my pennies, taking action and now enjoying the fruits.

By the way; what's an "SGR AFFILIATE"?

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hi LA … SGR stands for "science of getting rich" by Bob Proctor who copied it from the 1910 version Wallace De Wattles little green book … since being on the secret many take an unfair advantage …

Positive thinking YES

Mind Powers by Damian Keyho YES

Lets not get carried away with this powerful message "The Law of Attraction" you can say what you like IT does work … if you want a POWERFUL tool go to   http://www.thesecretvisionbook,com   its only $24.95 – no scams or seminars or boot camps but a fantastic system that will plan and materalise your life.

I have spent 20 years of my life searching for answers that I was not taught by my parents – I hate scamers and false prophets but after many many seminars and courses one becomes more aware of where to go or who is guiding us …

Thats it for me … we use it and the results are amazing, the rest is up to you, god bless

D

@rejoice

Agreed… it works and people use the natural laws of the universe for their benefit or detriment… knowingly or unknowingly. Just because you don't understand them or are skeptical… doesn't change a thing. People need to look within and find a passion or desire and consume themselves in it… as opposed to treating life as a chore. Master your thoughts and you have mastered your life… fall into the traps of mass consciousness and that is exactly what you'll get. Aspire to be more and have more… the SGR Program is education at it's best and Bob Proctor has devoted his life to teach the syllabus (Wallace D Wattles put forward so many years ago) long before 'The Secret' was even dreamed of being produced. An inspired thought is exactly that… an inspired thought that leads to desired results! Don't react to appearances… learn how to respond which involves stopping, thinking, and then acting. If you see this as wishful thinking then so be it…. that is your opinion as opposed to mine which entails a discipline of the mind and body aligned to achieve desired results through directed thought and decisive action! Stay creative and follow your dreams to create the life you want and not what mass consciousness has taught you to believe is the truth… the truth lies within you and the truth will set you free!

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

What I want to know is why with all these things do you have to pay? If you have a 'secret' to getting rich etc then surely you dont need the money and should freely pass it onto others, charging $2k it would seem you are 'visulising' all the people sending you the money making you rich? Scam scam scam for the weekminded masses, you are a joker and a fool, go away you leech….I dont need to pay someone $2k to know that I need to set goals on focus on achieving them through hard work and dedication. 

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Well you're all wrong!!!

No wait a minute I think thats wrong…  You're all right!  and apoligies to those who would be offended by such a personal attack.

Regards,

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Bloggs I agree !!!!! with you … you do need to pay 2k … the visionbook is 24.95 and the SGR can be down loaded for FREE

D

@rejoice

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net – Free SGR Ebook
    http://www.scienceofbeingwell.net – Free SBW Ebook
    http://www.myspace.com/ozlat – Under The Porsche Is A Link To The Vision Book

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.