All Topics / Help Needed! / Any Ideas? Suburbs in SE QLD <$300k

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of loveinvestingloveinvesting
    @loveinvesting

Hi All,

Anyone know if there are any SE QLD suburbs around Brisbane for a 3-4 bedrooms house
    for less than $300k?

I’ve been looking at Morayfield & Narangba area. Anyone know if this is a good area to invest in?

Thanks & Cheers

loveinvesting.

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Hi Morayfield it northern suburbs as far as I am aware

Profile photo of LindaClaridgeLindaClaridge
    @lindaclaridge

Narangba and Morayfield are really taking off at the moment. Narangba is a little closer to the city than Morayfield – you also have Burpengary in between the two of them (another area that is taking off).

Approximately 30 minute drive to the city on the Bruce Highway and also about 30 minutes drive to Caloundra / Bribie Island. Travel to the city via train is approximately 45 minutes.

I grew up around that area and it has definitely come along since then. I would think the closeness not only to the city but also to the Coast make it a good option – and still pretty affordable at the moment as well. Also about 15 minutes from Redcliffe which you may have seen from other posts is really booming at the moment.

Linda

Profile photo of SilvaSilva
    @silva

Hi loveinvesting,
    Have you considered the western suburbs….Inala,Darra would be my suggestions for under $300k. They are both in close proximity to nicer suburbs (forest lake/oxley) and about 20 or so minutes from the cbd.They have held a bad name in the past but the way i see it if brisbane keeps growing it will get too expensive for those people giving the suburbs a bad name to live in.

Cheers
    Angelo

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I'd suggest you have a look at Ipswich as the area is expected to triple in size over the next 20 years.  An average house in good condition will cost $220 $250K and you should expect 5-6% return.

Profile photo of loveinvestingloveinvesting
    @loveinvesting

Thank you all for your sugguestions and opinions.

It is often a challenge investing interstate. I am from Sydney venturing up to SE QLD (supposingly the highest growth population growth in Aust).

I have heard of Redcliffe, Inala, Darra and Ipswich and am interested in these suburbs as well. Without having the local knowledge, It is often hard to judge whether these subs are good investment or not.

Thanks again and Happy Easter!

loveinvesting

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Hi loveinvesting,

If you need any further details on Ipswich please feel free to drop me a line,

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

I've been looking at Morayfield & Narangba area. Anyone know if this is a good area to invest in?

Back to your question.

Good areas to invest in.  Well that depends on your investment strategy and the outcomes you invest for.

If you wanted the facts and figures i'd assume you would have them by now.  

Solid performers with improving rental returns.  Narangba is still an emerging market.

Profile photo of hangingupsidedownhangingupsidedown
    @hangingupsidedown

I just bought in the Logan area south of Brisbane. It has a reputation for a bit of a "rough" part of town, however, property is going great-guns at the moment. Property is selling within a couple of days of being listed.

You can easily find a house under $300,000.

I have read a great deal on the Logan/Beenleigh area which is apparantly set to boom over the next few years due to major growth and urban renewal.

Profile photo of GrassopperGrassopper
    @grassopper

Hi lovelnvesting,

I would have a look at Springfield. 
    Springfield lakes is an excellent development by Delfin http://www.springfieldlakes.com.au/  and the area is booming in the last few months a University and Education City has opened as well as Orion shopping centre, you can get deals under 300k but close by Springfeld may find slightly cheaper deals and bigger blocks.

Cheers,
    Grasshopper

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.