All Topics / Opinionated! / Women doing Business with Men!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

As a real estate business owner and licensed agent, I meet clients all day long either vendors or landlords to discuss managing or selling their properties.

We have an office policy to always pick up the bill if we meet clients out for coffee or lunch, we believe it is good business sense to do so!  However, it makes some male clients feel uncomfortable and they insist on paying the bill!

In that case, we offer to pay but don't put up a fuss if someone is obviously uncomfortable about it. Everyone in our business is female (currently!)

Men obviously have a need to be the providers and it is funny how human nature prevails even in a business setting!

How do others handle these situations?

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

It's not always about being "the provider". Maybe they are being chivalrous; you know; that politically incorrect practise of being nice to the fairer sex , and for that matter; anyone else on the planet.

Maybe they are disgustingly rich and like to pay. My best friend is rolling in cash and loves to be the first person to put his hand in his pocket; because he can.

Let 'em pay; saves you a business expense (and some cashflow) that you have to pay out of petty cash, which you have to claim back at the end of the year.

Be careful of their alterior motive though… I would tell you what it is, but it may be a sexist (but true) observation.

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

This is a bit of a "moo" discussion

@l.a-aussie
    Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

A noise made by a cow!

@l.a-aussie

I though it was signifying a hidden meaning?

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Sorry Marc my humour I really have no idea myself, and could not think of another comment at the time

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

If you shout me out for coffee or lunch I'll let you know what I think about the whole thing Xenia……

Profile photo of DaviddanaeDaviddanae
    @daviddanae

When I dine / drink with people both socially and professionally I always ensure I pick up the bill or buy an additional round of drinks. I don’t consider myself sexist. I just like to pay my own way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.