All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking to buy in outer South Brisbane, any suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of hangingupsidedownhangingupsidedown
    @hangingupsidedown

I am planning on buying a property in the Logan/Beenleigh area of Brisbane. I am aware that there are parts of these areas that some would call "less desireable" but as an investor, I am more interested in growth.

Which suburbs of these areas would provide the best growth? There are so many different pockets to choose from, I really want to focus my energy on a few suburbs.

I have been told North of the river is "nicer" however, that doesn't mean much for me an investor, as I don't intend to live there.

Does anyone have some hints or tips about where would be wise to focus on?

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

I’m still a novice but I have noticed riverfornt house and 1000sqm land in Waterford for around $400k, 4x2home. I would consider this a bargain. Reason is Waterford still has plenty of land. Is basically 1/2 way between gold coast and Bris so in another 15 years I can see it having huge growth. Great rental return. I have heard it has no public housing but haven’t actually checked. For short term growth I would look at Mt Gravatt or Mansfield. Or you cant go past Bayside suburbs. I did see a huge block in Waterford, riverfrontage on market for around $900,000 recently, i think with a 2bed home on it. If you had others wanting to invest with you it might be a good option. I think Edens Landing and Bethania nice also. Lots of rivers in these area’s and undiscovered. Also close to Mt Tamborine.

Profile photo of safeashousessafeashouses
    @safeashouses

I have researched the Woodridge/Kingston/Waterford/Logan Central areas recently. They certainly were some cheap areas a few years ago. K still has some of the cheapest houses in Brisbane. It apparently had a rough reputation, but alot of areas once did! If you wait until its nice, its too late.They are well located, close to transport,there are job opportunities. I noticed Marsden seems to have cheaper pockets, maybe because its not on the train line. I was in Kingston last week and agents had nothing to show me under $200,000.

Keep all this a secret, because i dont want to compete with any more people than i have to!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.