All Topics / Overseas Deals / Positive Cashflow – USA Investment

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of fasdatfasdat
    Participant
    @fasdat

Two single family homes availablle in New York State. Each returning US$650/month. Email [email protected] for details on:

1. Financials
    2. Photos
    3. Property Management

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry is this a paid advert.

Not bad for your first post. And dont tell me the properties are in Western NY not a place called Buffalo surely.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of rejoicerejoice
    @rejoice

Is Tennessee a good place to invest?

Profile photo of rejoicerejoice
    @rejoice

Oh, I have found a forum similar to this but in America (Bigger Pockets) – If you are investing overseas and would like to do your due diligence there are many people there that can help just like here. Just a heads up if anyone is interested for extra information before they purchase investments overseas.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi rejoice – is this a new forum or something that has been mentioned before?

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of landchaserslandchasers
    @landchasers

Tennessee has some great areas to invest in and some that I would highly suggest staying away from. I'd stay away from Memphis as it seems the values aren't as strong. You can buy property for very cheap and should expect it to be filled with problems. I used to live near it and know enough to not be interested in it at all. Nashville, on the other hand, is pretty sharp and they've got some great potential in the area. 

I've got some family down in the area and love Tennessee.
    Profile photo of TennesseeTennessee
    @tennessee

Hi All,
    Derek ,you are right about Memphis and Nashville at the moment. Nashville is a hot market with steady appreciation and and a lot of rehabbing happening. I am also finding that there are some great cashcows here .
    I love Tennessee,that's why I moved here.!
    Lisa

http://www.globalpropertydeals.com

[email protected]

Profile photo of csimonscsimons
    Participant
    @csimons

Hi Guys,

In regards to posative cashflow in the U.S, its all in the buy to begin with. We can all do our due diligence on growth projections etc. I mean Texas is predicted to produce the highest growth over the next few years and the Rio Grande region is expected to grow by over 40%.

Anyway the point I am trying to make is this. To get the best posative cashflow requires hard work and doing things outside the square. To mitigate your risk, buying under market at least gives you an exit strategy and reduces your risk a little. Buying in growth markets is essential but buying correctly is just as important. I mean just because a market is predicting solid growth, its not enough in my opinion when we are talking about offshore investing. The risks are to high. I mean for me, I am not interested in investing in the U.S or anywhere else for that matter for 10% returns. The risk is to high.
    Sp my things is this, buy in growth areas but also buy under value from the beginning. The reality is this, the really good deals can be a little messy at times and some headaches are inevitable. However like everything, if you are prepared to take on problems and turn them into solutions then thats where you are going to make your money.

Let me give you a real life scenario that we just completed with a lady in Adelaide.

A lady just secured 10 acres of land from us only 10-15 minutes from Toyata in San Antonio. She has $175K equity in this land.
    Why, because we solved someones problem with a solution. The seller was in financial trouble and had back taxes to pay on the land or else she was going to loose it. So we offered her a solution which would get her out of trouble and also leave some money in her pocket to start over. And we picked up prime land with great equity. To top it off, our investor only had to put down a $50k deposit and the seller is owner financing it interest free for 18 months.

So already our investor is ahead regardless of the growth Texas is expected to produce. 
    Guys who ever services you use to purchase your real estate in the U.S just make sure there is some equity in the deal just to give you some leway incase you need to sell quickly.

Nobody can predict the future, especially in this real estate game, all we can try and do is buy in a way so that if things dont work out as expected, which can happen and has happened, you can have a way out. Hopefully without losing any money.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.