All Topics / Help Needed! / Should someone fore go their first home buyers grant and invest straight into a pcf property???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SilvaSilva
    @silva

Hi there, my name is Angelo and im after some advice on my current situation. Im looking at buying my first house at the end of the year, though im unsure whether or not i should fore go my first home buyers grant and look to immediately investing in a pcf property? I would prefer to move out of home and buy my first home to live in though i realise it makes more sense financially to live at home at least for the next couple of years while i accumulate some pcf properties. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and can be contacted via email. Thanks!!

Angelo

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Angelo

If you never live in the property, can show that all your properties are simply investment properties and that you have not previously owned a PPOR, you should still be able to claim the FHOG when to purchase your first PPOR.  Good luck.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Thats right Angelo I suggest you do a google search for the Office of State Revenue of your state as have most of the questions and answers on the site or you can ring and speak with them

Profile photo of SilvaSilva
    @silva

Thanks Paul and Wayne!
    I appreciate your advice its been good to hear what others have had to say…up until a couple of weeks ago i was under the impression that if you didnt use your FHOG on your first property you would automatically give up the $7k. Ive also been thinking about registering an abn and buying a property under a business name??Any suggestions on this idea would also be appreciated!

Thanks again guys!

Angelo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.